The University of Rhode Island Department of
Athletics has partnered with BankNewport to recognize select
Student-Athletes of the Week throughout the 2013-14 academic year.
Each Monday, the best male and female performers from the previous
week will be featured on GoRhody.com.
Paige Ethier - Women's Cross Country
Sophomore - South
Kingstown, R.I./South Kingstown
- Paige Ethier was Rhode Island's top finisher at this weekend's Atlantic 10 Championship, finishing 14th overall 14th (out of 111 runners) in the 5k race.
- Her time of 17:39.1 is URI's best-ever at the conference championship.
- Ethier became just the fifth sophomore in program history to earn All-Conference accolades at the league's championship meet. Overall, she is the 15th Rhody runner to do so.
Andy Hess - Men's Soccer
Senior - North Kingstown, R.I./North
- Andy Hess contributed to both Rhode Island goals this past week.
- He picked up his first tally of the season at George Mason on Friday night when he burried a stray rebound to even the score at 1-1 in the 39th minute.
- He followed with an assist on Sunday against Duquesne, slipping a pass to Matt Sykes, who netted the Rams' lone goal of the afternoon.
- Hess now has three poins (1g/1a) in seven games played.