The University of Rhode Island Department of
Athletics has partnered with BankNewport to recognize select
Student-Athletes of the Week throughout the 2013-14 academic year.
Each Monday, the best male and female performers from the previous
week will be featured on GoRhody.com.
Dylan Smith - Football
Junior - Kicker - River
Edge, N.J. / River Edge
- Tied a 25-year-old school record by making four field goals in Rhody's 12-10 win over Richmond on Saturday.
- Accounted for all of the Rams' points in the win.
- Among his four field goals was a career-long 47-yard make, tying him for the seventh-longest kick in school history.
- Also received College Football Performance Awards FCS National Placekicker of the Week accolades as well as CAA Football Special Teams Player of the Week honors.
Samantha Leyh - Women's Soccer
Junior - Midfielder
- Wall, N.J. / Wall
- Scored a goal in each of Rhode Island's games last week (at Massachusetts, at Saint Joseph's).
- Her tally against the Minutewomen snapped URI's 400:48 scoreless streak.
- Leads the team with 16 points on seven goals and a pair of assists.
- Currently ranks sixth in the A-10 in goals scored and is fourth in the conference with three game-winning tallies.