The University of Rhode Island Department of
Athletics has partnered with BankNewport to recognize select
Student-Athletes of the Week throughout the 2013-14 academic year.
Each Monday, the best male and female performers from the previous
week will be featured on GoRhody.com.
Anthony Davidson - Men's Track & Field
Weston, Pa./Wilson Area
- Placed first in the 100-meter dash (11.24) and first in the 200-meter dash (22.21) over the weekend at the UConn Invitational.
- Took first place in both of these events for the first time this season.
- During the indoor season, won the 500-meters at both the Atlantic 10 and New England Championships.
- Also was part of the winning 4x400 relay team at New Englands (indoor).
Second V8+ Boat - Baseball
Hannah Milam, Quinn Snyder, Eva Baker, Mary Estrada Madden,
Dana Holland, Emily Engott, Siobhan Nortan and Alissa
- At this weekend's Resolute Cup Regatta, its Second Varsity 8+ boat dominated the race against Boston College and Massachusetts, winning by 6.12 seconds.
- Rhode Island took a multi-seat lead just seconds into the race and finished bow-to-stern over Boston College at the finish line.
- The boat's time of 7:28.13 was the third fastest of the day, beating the time of Boston College's Varsity 8+ boat by .56 seconds.
Previous BankNewport Student-Athletes of the Week
- March 24 - Sam Bedore (softball), Lou Distasio (baseball)
- March 17 - Taylor Archer (softball), Steve Moyers (baseball)
- March 10 - T.J. Buchanan (men's basketball), Alexa Pelletier (women's track & field)
- March 3 - Xavier Munford (men's basketball), Emily Renna (women's track & field)
- Feb. 24 - Chaya Zabludoff (swimming), Men's Indoor Track & Field Team
- Feb. 17 - Tim Caputo (baseball), Caroline Casey (volleyball)
- Feb. 10 - E.C. Matthews (men's basketball), Alexa Pelletier (women's track & field)
- Feb. 3 - William James (men's track & field), Genevieve Rybicki (women's track & field)
- Dec. 9 - Xavier Munford (men's basketball), Chaya Zabludoff (swimming & diving)
- Dec. 2 - Gilvydas Biruta (men's basketball), Kerry Wallack (women's basketball)
- Nov. 25 - Xavier Munford (men's basketball), Chaya Zabludoff (swimming)
- Nov. 18 - Tayra Melendez (women's basketball), Josh Moody (football)
- Nov. 11 - Ifeanyi Onyekaba (men's basketball), Lena Vedder (volleyball)
- Nov. 4 - Paige Ethier (women's cross country), Andy Hess (men's soccer)
- Oct. 28 - Galina Chernykh (tennis), Joseph Leavitt (golf)
- Oct. 21 - Samantha Leyh (women's soccer), Dylan Smith (football)
- Oct. 14 - Galina Chernykh (tennis), Nick Fairweather (golf)
- Oct. 7 - Callan Kinnan (volleyball), Wesley Matthews (men's soccer)