The University of Rhode Island Department of
Athletics has partnered with BankNewport to recognize select
Student-Athletes of the Week throughout the 2013-14 academic year.
Each Monday, the best male and female performers from the previous
week will be featured on GoRhody.com.
Taylor Archer - Softball
Milford, Mass. /
- In seven games last week, batted .400 (8-for-20) with four RBI and one run scored.
- Had a five-game hitting streak during which she batted .533.
- Had three multi-hit games on the week.
- Leads the Rams with a .310 batting average.
- Is second on the team in both hits (9) and RBI (4).
Steve Moyers - Baseball
East Longmeadow, Mass. / East
- Allowed just three hits and two runs over 10.0 innings of work last week.
- Combined for eight strikeouts over two appearances, both no-decision starts.
- Posted a .094 opposing average for the week, to go along with a 1.80 ERA.
- Tossed 8.0 innings at USF on Saturday and was in line for the win when he exited the game.
- Did not allow the Bulls a hit until the bottom of the fourth and faced the minimum in five of his eight innings at USF.
- Pitched two no-hit innings against UMass Lowell on Tuesday.
Previous BankNewport Student-Athletes of the Week
- March 10 - T.J. Buchanan (men's basketball), Alexa Pelletier (women's track & field)
- March 3 - Xavier Munford (men's basketball), Emily Renna (women's track & field)
- Feb. 24 - Chaya Zabludoff (swimming), Men's Indoor Track & Field Team
- Feb. 17 - Tim Caputo (baseball), Caroline Casey (volleyball)
- Feb. 10 - E.C. Matthews (men's basketball), Alexa Pelletier (women's track & field)
- Feb. 3 - William James (men's track & field), Genevieve Rybicki (women's track & field)
- Dec. 9 - Xavier Munford (men's basketball), Chaya Zabludoff (swimming & diving)
- Dec. 2 - Gilvydas Biruta (men's basketball), Kerry Wallack (women's basketball)
- Nov. 25 - Xavier Munford (men's basketball), Chaya Zabludoff (swimming)
- Nov. 18 - Tayra Melendez (women's basketball), Josh Moody (football)
- Nov. 11 - Ifeanyi Onyekaba (men's basketball), Lena Vedder (volleyball)
- Nov. 4 - Paige Ethier (women's cross country), Andy Hess (men's soccer)
- Oct. 28 - Galina Chernykh (tennis), Joseph Leavitt (golf)
- Oct. 21 - Samantha Leyh (women's soccer), Dylan Smith (football)
- Oct. 14 - Galina Chernykh (tennis), Nick Fairweather (golf)
- Oct. 7 - Callan Kinnan (volleyball), Wesley Matthews (men's soccer)