KINGSTON, R.I. - The Rhode Island women's track and field team opened its 2018-19 indoor season on Saturday. The throwers stayed local at Brown's Alden Invitational while the rest of the squad made the trip to Boston University's Season Opener.
Brown Alden Invitational
- Sophomore Molly Botts won the weight throw with a mark of 53' 9".
- Freshman Noelya Delacruz placed ninth in the shot put (38' .25") and sophomore Samantha Andrews finished 11th (36' 10.25"). Andrews finished third in the weight throw (50' 8.75") and Delacruz finished 12th (41.10.75"). Sophomore Ashley O'Loughlin finished 11th (41 10.75").
Boston University Season Opener
- The 4x400m relay team of Kristina MacLure, Mikaila Amerantes, Kelly MacDonnell, and Greta Scott placed first in 3:48.22.
- Sophomore Jessica Ippolitto finished 10th in the pole vault (10' 11.75").
- Freshman Sara James finished 16th in the high jump after clearing 4' 11".
- Junior Kristina MacLure finished fifth in the 60m hurdles final, crossing the finish line in 9:04s. Trinity Smith finished ninth (9.45s).
- Junior Lotte Black won the 600 meter in 1:34.78. Natalie Sopchak was eighth (1:38.75), Sydney Sopchak was 12th (1:41.25), Chelsea Lee was 14th (1:42.58), Bailey Thayer was 16th (1:43.49) and Kaylen Hughes was 19th (1:45.56).
- Senior Dominique Twombly finished eighth in the 60m dash (7.96s).
- The Rams had three finishers within the top 10 in the 200m dash, with Alexcia Luna finishing fifth (25.56s), Xiana Twombly in eighth (25.74s) and Carleisha Forteau 10th (25.84s).
- Senior Greta Scott won the 300m dash in 38.40s. Mikaila Amerantes was seventh (39.89s) and Kristina MacLure was eighth (39.92s).
- Senior Katie McNulty placed third in the 1000 meter (2:58.24) and Saige Grazia was fifth (3:04.75).