HANOVER, N.H. - The Rhode Island women's track and field team is in fourth place after day one of competition at the New England Championship. Northeastern is in first with 23 points, Maine is second with 19 points, Dartmouth is third with 15.50 points, and Rhode Island has 14 team points for fourth.
Highlights From the Track
- Breann Burns qualified for the 100 meter hurdles final after finishing second in the preliminaries (14.34 seconds).
- Greta Scott (54.56s) and Mikaila Amerantes (56.46s) will be competing in the 400 meter final after finishing second and seventh, respectively.
- Samantha Andrews finished 12th in the hammer (49.89m).
- Karlee Fowler placed third in the pole vault after clearing 3.80m.
- Julia Campezato finished second in the javelin with a throw of 42.55 meters. Leah Wolf finished ninth, with a mark of 38.10m.
- Kristina MacLure qualified for the 400 meter dash final with a time of 1:00.97.
- Keilan Nova qualified for the 200 meter dash final in a prelim time of 25.15 seconds.
- Kylie McPherson is fourth in the heptathlon with 2656 points. She placed second in the 100 meter hurdles (14.83s), fifth in the high jump (1.50m), 10th in the shot put (7.89m), and third in the 200 meter dash (26.21s).