CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Rhode Island women's track & field opened the 2017 outdoor season Friday with the first day of competition at the Charlotte "49er Classic" Invitational.
This is a non-scoring invitational.
Charlotte 49er Classic
Irwin Belk Track & Field Center, Charlotte, N.C.
Day One Results
- Janel Conley finished seventh in the 100 meter hurdles, qualifying for the finals with a time of 14.54 seconds.
- Dyshelle Pemberton qualified for the finals in the 400 meter hurdles, clocking in at 1:02.07 for fifth place.
- Karlee Fowler finished fourth in the pole vault, marking 11' 5.75".
- Janel Conley finished second in the long jump, with a mark of 19' 2.75", and Kristina MacLure finished 15th, (17' 7").
- Grace Janes finished sixth in the hammer throw with a mark of (162' 3"), and Leah Wolf finished 19th, (122' 2")
Rhode Island will return to the track for day two of the 49er Classic tomorrow, March 18, as the remaining events begin at 10:00 from the Irwin Belk Track & Field Center in Charlotte, N.C.