The Rhode Island women's track & field team is ready to compete at the Atlantic 10 Indoor Track & Field Championship this weekend. The two-day championship begins at the George Mason Field House in Fairfax, Va. on Saturday morning at 9 a.m.
The Rams earned one victory and had two other top 10 finishes in team scored events during the indoor portion of their schedule. The team was led by freshman Juleen Lewis who has had an incredible rookie campaign, setting a new school record in the triple jump, collecting three Atlantic 10 weekly accolades, and making her mark up the Rhode Island all-time list.
For everything you need to know about the 2017 Atlantic 10 Indoor Track & Field Championship, log on to Championship Central.
Atlantic 10 Indoor Track & Field Championship
GMU Field House, Fairfax, Va.
February 18-19, 2017
Schedule of Events | Live Results | GMU Field House
Rhode Island will compete in 16 individual events as well as three relay events.
- Juleen Lewis enters the 60 meter dash as the fourth seed, clocking in at 7.69 seconds. The Dorchester, Mass. native is also the top seed in both the triple jump (12.34 meters) and the long jump (5.83 meters). Lewis is joined by teammate Kristina MacLure in the 60 meter dash and the long jump. MacLure enters the 60 meter dash as the 11th seed (7.82 seconds) and the long jump as the seventh seed (5.41 meters). Freshman Kelly MacDonnell is the third Ram to compete in the 60 meter dash, seeded at 18th with a time of 8.02 seconds.
- Junior Rebecca O'Donnell joins Lewis in the triple jump, entering as a seventh seed with a mark of 11.46 meters.
- Senior Dyshelle Pemberton enters the 200 meter dash as the eighth seed after posting a time of 25.09 seconds. She is joined by teammates Lindsay Goulet (seeded 13th, 25.53 seconds) and Kelly MacDonnell (seeded 17th, 26.45 seconds). Pemberton also enters the 500 meter dash as the fourth seed, clocking in at 1:15.13. Teammates Micaela McPadden (seeded 11th, 1:17.92) and Natalie Sopchak (seeded 13th, 1:19.72) round out the Rhode Island entries for the 500 meter run.
- Sophomore Mikaila Amerantes is the lone Ram entering the 400 meter dash as a fourth seed with a 56.77 second entry time.
- Sophomores Katie McNulty (2:14.57) and Saige Grazia (2:19.00) enter the 800 meters as seventh and 12th seeds respectively. In the 1000 meter, freshman Lotte Black enters as the eighth seed (2:57.75) and sophomore Nichole Barger enters as the 17th seed (3:04.68).
- Three Rams are seeded in the 3000 meters, including Alyssa Brehler (seeded 14th, 10:06.61) Courtney Hawkins, (seeded 15th, 10:10.27) and Paige Ethier (seeded 24th, 10:20.91).
- Freshman Gabrielle Curtis enters the 60 meter hurdles as the seventh seed after posting a time of 8.98 seconds. Curtis is joined by sophomore Breann Burns, who is seeded at ninth (9.00 seconds).
- The Rams also have entries in the 4x400m, 4x800m and the distance medley relays.
- In the pole vault, Rhode Island has three performers seeded in the top 10. Karlee Fowler, (third seed, 3.65m) Tory Edwards, (fourth seed, 3.55m) and Amber Sekoll, (seventh seed, 3.35m).
- Sophomore Elaina Hobbs is seeded sixth in the high jump with a mark of 1.66 meters. She is joined by Carleisha Forteau (1.65m) and Tiffany Jenkins (1.57m) who are seeded at 11th and 15th respectively.
- Senior Manny Vadis enters the weight throw as the eighth seed (14.88m) and sophomore Leah Wolf joins her as the 16th seed (13.50m).