KINGSTON, R.I. – For the first time this season, Rhode Island will play on its home field at the URI Softball Complex when the Rams host George Washington in an Atlantic 10 doubleheader Sunday afternoon. The first game begins at 2 p.m.
The Sunday games are part of a three-game series that will conclude on Monday. The teams were originally scheduled to start playing on Saturday, but inclement weather forced the time change. When the 2018 schedule initially came out, Rhody was expected to host Providence on March 20, but that contest had to be moved to the Friars' home field.
Rhode Island (7-21, 2-3 Atlantic 10) comes into the weekend fresh off a 4-1 victory at Holy Cross on Thursday. The Rams have won five of their last eight games overall. George Washington (22-12, 2-4 A-10) comes to Kingston having dropped five in a row.
Sunday, April 8
vs. George Washington, 2 p.m. - Live Stats
vs. George Wasington, 4 p.m. – Live Stats
Monday, April 9
vs. George Washington, 1 p.m. – Live Stats
- Sophomore Erika Yeager has reached base safely in seven consecutive games.
- Junior Becca Rogers has pitched seven complete games in 12 starts. She has a team-best 2.67 earned run average in 73.1 innings pitched.
- Rhode Island is 20-for-23 in stolen base attempts on the season. Last year, the team had two steals total.
- Seniors Kylie Shivery and Paige Julich both rank in Rhode Island's all-time top 10 for home runs. Shivery is tied for sixth with 14, while Julich is tied for ninth with 11.
- Sophomore Erica Robles leads the team in batting average (.313), home runs (3) and RBI (17).