RHODE ISLAND (0-16-1, 0-8-1 A-10)
Starters: Freeman (GK), D'Anna, Haggerty, Bike, Elworthy, Wakeford, Bantick, Schafer, Sengphilom, Goncalves, Brodeur
Substitutes: Waldron, Reilly, Mayo, Brennan, Pignatelli, Mandarini, Cabral
VCU (13-3-0, 8-1-0 A-10 A-10)
Starters: Sanderson (GK), Kershner, Fox, Jerabek, Ito, Graves, Brouwer, Enos, Friedrichs, Lohnmann, Gibson
Substitutes: Vazquez, Malancone, Hardy, Santo, McAdams, Tredway, Stahl, DiOrio, Beckwith
7:17 - VCU - Ito (Graves)
46:14 - VCU - Fox (Jerabek)
62:28 - VCU - Jerabek (Graves)
73:56 - VCU - Kershner (Ito)
84:14 - VCU - Friedrichs (Kershner)
How it Happened
Rhode Island was shut out for the 10th time this season, falling to VCU 5-0 Thursday night at the URI Soccer Complex.
VCU scored the only goal it would need in the eighth minute when Kimberly Ito buried a shot from the top of the box off an assist by Kelly Graves.
The visiting Rams did the rest of their damage after the break. There, four additional players found the back of the net as CiCi Fox, Samantha Jerabek, Emma Kershner and Susanna Friedrichs all added to the lead.
Ito, Jerabek and Kershner all finished the night with one goal and one assist. Graves also had a multi-point night with a pair of assists.
Inside the Box Score
- VCU outshot Rhode Island 22-3 and held a 9-2 advantage in corner kicks.
- Emily Wakeford, Amanda Schafer and Michaela Brodeur each had one shot for URI.
- Julia Freeman earned the start between the posts and allowed one goal in the first half. Haley Brennan played the entirety of the second half and allowed four goals.
- Freeman recorded one save on the night while Brennan had three.
- At the other end of the field, VCU's Audrey Sanderson made two stops to pick up the shutout victory.
Rhode Island closes out the season Sunday afternoon at George Mason.