Starters: Freeman (GK), Waldron, D'Anna, Haggerty, Bentick, Osmanski, Mayo, Sengphilom, Goncalves, Brodeur, Cabral
Substitutes: Schafer, Bike, Pignatelli
Starters: Gordon (GK), Kawakami, Macfarlane, McGorisk, Soriano, Shea, Enright, Conacher, Borinsky, Boocock, Neuberger
Substitutes: Mills, T., Glennon, Mills, M., Rorke, Lucas, Esty
90:26 - DARTMOUTH - Mills (MacFarlane)
How it Happened
Rhode Island (0-3) dropped its third game in a row in an overtime loss to Dartmouth, Sunday afternoon at the URI Soccer Complex.
Dartmouth (2-0) controlled most of the first half offensively. They recorded the first shot of the game when Bonnie Shea attempted a header off of a corner kick by Hayley Soriano, but Julia Freeman made the save.
Despite outshooting the Rams 8-3 in the first half, both teams went into halftime knotted at 0-0.
Madison Waldron and Jaileen Goncalves recorded the first two shots of the second half, where Rhode Island had an aggressive start. From there, the Big Green took control of the ball as they continued to drill the Rhode Island defense. Grace Haggerty had an integral role in keeping Dartmouth off the scoreboard in the second half.
Another scoreless half between Rhode Island and Dartmouth forced the teams into overtime. Within the first minute of overtime, Lorna MacFarlane dished a ball to Tracey Mills, who knocked a high shot into the net over Julia Freeman's head. Mills' first goal of the season ended the game with Dartmouth taking the victory 1-0.
Inside the Box Score
- Freshman Rebecca D'Anna made her first career start for the Rams and contributed a single shot.
- Sophomore Julia Freeman recorded three saves in her first start of the season. Her countpart Mariel Gordon had five stops.
- Senior Madison Waldron had a team-high three shots.
- Sophomore Kaitlyn Sengphilom and junior Jaileen Goncalves each contributed a shot for the Rams.
- Dartmouth held the advantage in shots (15-7) and corner kicks (4-3).
- Fouls were tied at 7-7.
The Rams take on Wagner this Thursday, Aug. 30 at the URI Soccer Complex. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m.