Starters: Brennan (GK), Wakeford, Kahele-Manners, Reynolds, Mencos, Ross, Hermannsdottir, Lieberman, Goncalves, Brodeur, Sammis
Substitutes: Bentick, Mayo, Sengphilom, Osmanski
Starters: Horn (GK), McCormick, Cooper, Nornies, DiCristofaro, Silberman, Pavon, Williams, Johnson, DeSilva, Frese
Substitutes: Epperson, Barreda, Prevost, Dasgupta, Messinger, Pierce
55:25 - GW - Cooper (Williams, Barreda)
How It Happened
Rhode Island (3-7, 0-2 A-10) struggled to get much pressure on the George Washington net as the Rams fell 1-0 to the Colonials Sunday afternoon.
Neither side created much pressure on net, as the teams combined for just five shots on goal. George Washington (6-3-1, 1-1 A-10) broke the scoreless tie in the 56th minute. Brittany Cooper got her fourth goal of the season, firing from the top of the box off assists from Alexis Williams and Mia Barreda.
The Rams got a shot on goal in the 85th minute from Allyson Reynolds, but GW keeper Miranda Horn came up with the save. Horn finished the game with two saves en route to the shutout.
Inside the Box Score
- GW had scored 13 goals over its last six games, but were held to one Sunday.
- Rhode Island did not have any shots on goal in the first half. The Rams had two shots total before the break and didn't manage a shot on goal until the 48th minute.
- There were more fouls in the game (17) than shots (10) and corner kicks (2) combined.
- Both sides had one corner kick in the opening 45 minutes. Neither team had one in the second half.
- Rhode Island is now 2-5 in one-goal games this season.
Rhode Island is back at the URI Soccer Complex to host Richmond Thursday, Sept. 28 at 7 p.m.