Sep 13, 2017
- Rhode Island will finish non-conference play this week, hosting Albany on Thursday.
- The Rams are coming off a 2-1 drop against Marquette on Sept. 10.
- Sophomore Allyson Reynolds scored Rhody's lone goal, breaking Marquette's empty-net streak of 541:45 minutes.
- The goal was Reynolds' first of the season, and sixth of her career.
- Freshman goalkeeper Julia Freeman grabbed 11 saves against Marquette, her new career high.
- Junior Emily Wakeford has recorded eight shots, with five on the frame.
The Rhody/Albany Series
- Rhode Island leads: 3-2-0.
- First Meeting: Sept. 21, 2012; Rhode Island won 3-1 in Kingston, R.I.
- Last Meeting: Sept. 1, 2016; Albany defeated URI 2-1 in overtime in Albany, N.Y.
- Current Streak: Albany, one win.
- Rhode Island's last win: Sept. 12, 2014 (2-1) in Albany, N.Y.
- Of Note: Former associate head coach Nick Bochette enters his first season as head coach of the Albany women's soccer team. Bochette has been with the program for the last four years.
Scouting the Great Danes
- Albany is coming off a two-game losing streak with a 2-1 loss against Colgate (Sept. 10) and 3-0 drop against Dartmouth (Sept. 7).
- Mariah Williams leads the Great Danes with three goals.
- In goal, Andrea Leitner has made 11 saves in 450:00 minutes. She enters Thursday's match with a .607 save percentage.