Sep 09, 2017
- Rhode Island is coming off a 1-0 victory over Vanderbilt at the Music City Invitational this past weekend. Rhody also faced Memphis in the tournament, falling 6-0 against the Tigers.
- Freshman Kelsie Cummings scored her first career goal in the win against Vanderbilt. Off an assist from senior Svana Hermannsdottir, Cummings found the back of the net with just five minutes left of regulation.
- Sophomore Allyson Reynolds has recorded 17 shots with 10 on goal through Rhody's six games.
- Freshman Julia Freeman had her first career shutout when Rhode Island blanked Vanderbilt. Freeman has grabbed 15 saves in 193:57 minutes.
The Rhody/Marquette Series
- Marquette leads: 2-0-0
- First Meeting: Sept. 13, 2002; Marquette won 2-0 in Milwaukee, Wisc.
- Last Meeting: Sept. 16, 2007; Marquette defeated URI (4-0) in Colorado Springs, Co.
- Current Streak: Marquette, two wins.
- Of Note: The Golden Eagles will be traveling to the URI Soccer Complex for the first time in program history.
Scouting the Golden Eagles
- Marquette is coming off a 2-0 weekend in their own invitational with shutout wins over Central Michigan (1-0) and Mercer (2-0).
- The Golden Eagles look to continue their five-match winning streak.
- Carrie Madden and Darian Powell both lead the team with seven points on two goals and three assists.
- Maddy Henry has made 19 total saves in 515:06 minutes. She enters the match with a .87 goals against average.