Rhode Island Starters
Colome, Ross, Dale, Moffitt, Jorgensen
Boston College Starters
Ortlepp, Pineau, Dickens, Guy, Soule
How it Happened
Rhode Island (0-1) could not slow down the Boston College offense, falling 88-64 in the season opener for both teams Thursday night.
Boston College (1-0-) jumped out to an 11-point lead after one quarter, scoring 10 points in the paint in the opening period. Marnelle Garraud and Taylor Ortlepp each scored six points, while Emma Guy added five to help the Eagles establish the early lead.
Rhode Island fell further behind in the second period as BC scored 28 points. By halftime, the Rams trailed by 26 points, 49-23. The Eagles continued to stretch the lead throughout the second half, leading by as many as 41 points as they cruised to the victory.
Inside the Box Score
- Junior Elemy Colome finished with 19 on 8-of-12 shooting from the floor. She added four steals on defense.
- Junior Nicole Jorgensen had 13 points, all in the second half. She was limited to three minutes in the first half due to foul trouble. Jorgensen added five rebounds and two blocks.
- Sophomore Davida Dale started in her Rhode Island debut, scoring 11 points to go with six rebounds, two blocks and two steals.
- Senior Jalissa Ross had nine points, eight rebounds and three assists.
- Junior Erin Jones made her Rhode Island debut, scoring three points and grabbing three rebounds.
- Redshirt freshman Jessica Rogers made her collegiate debut, getting two points and one rebound in one minute.
- Rhode Island had 14 turnovers in the first half, while Boston College had nine steals before the break. That helped the Eagles get a 15-5 edge in points off turnovers at the half.
- The Rams shot just 29.6 percent (8-for-27) in the first half, while Boston College made 48.7 percent (19-of-39). The Eagles made eight 3-pointers in the opening half.
- Boston College had 18 offensive rebounds, which led to 20 second-chance points.
- BC tied the Ryan Center record for 3-point baskets in a women's game at the Ryan Center, finishing the game with 13 from beyond the arc.
The Rams travel to Robert Morris on Tuesday, Nov. 13 for their first road game of the season. Game time is 7:30 p.m.