Rhode Island (2-14, 0-3 A-10) vs VCU (3-12, 0-3 A-10)
Wednesday, Jan. 10 - 7 p.m.
The Ryan Center - Kingston, R.I.
Live Stats | Live Stream ($) | Twitter | Facebook
RHODE ISLAND VS. VCU - SERIES NOTES
- Wednesday will be the sixth all-time meeting between Rhode Island and VCU.
- VCU holds a 5-0 advantage in the series, facing the Rams of Kingston every year since 2013.
- In the last meeting, Rhode Island fell to VCU 68-57 on Jan. 18, 2017 in Richmond, Va.
- VCU is led by Tera Reed who is averaging 13.0 points per game. She also adds 6.3 rebounds per game.
- Last time out, VCU fell to Duquesne 70-51 on Jan. 7.
- The Rams of VCU have yet to win a game on the road this season.
- Both teams are looking for their first conference win in the contest.
LAST TIME OUT - Rams fall 77-67 AT DAVIDSON
- Rhode Island jumped ahead in the first quarter, going on a 13-2 run to give them a 18-8 lead over Davidson with 2:24 to play in the period.
- Rhody ended the quarter leading 20-11 after a layup by Meghan Oberg.
- Rhode Island led by as much as 11 in the second quarter, but the Wildcats climbed back after back-to-back 3-pointers from Katie Turner putting Davidson within reach at 29-24.
- Four consecutive turnovers by the Rams gave the Wildcats the opportunity to fight their way back and Rhode Island entered the half up 34-33.
- Turner opened the third with a good 3-pointer but Rhode Island answered with the same by Maia Moffitt at 9:33 to put the Rams up 37-36. However Davidson went on a 10-2 run to close out the quarter and lead 58-48.
- Rhode Island could not get ahead in the fourth, dropping their third straight conference game.
- Sophomore Nicole Jorgensen led the Rams scoring a season-high 25 points. She added seven rebounds, and two steals, and one block.
- Freshman Maia Moffitt made her third career start for Rhode Island. She added a career-high 10 points - going 4-of-4 from the free throw line - and had seven rebounds and two assists.
- Redshirt freshman Meghan Oberg matched her career-best eight points, three rebounds, and one block.
- Freshman Abby Streeter added nine points. She dished out three assists and grabbed two boards for the Rams.
- Rhode Island edged Davidson 34-32 in points scored in the paint.
- The Wildcats scored 21 points off of Rhody's 21 turnovers.