Dec 30, 2017
- Sunday will be the 22nd all-time meeting between the two schools.
- The last time the Rams and the Spiders faced was on Feb. 5, 2017 with Richmond defeating Rhode Island 67-51 in Richmond, Va.
- The Spiders hold a 18-3 advantage in the all-time series.
- The last Rhody win came on Jan. 9, 2016 with Rhode Island beating Richmond 57-50 in Richmond, Va.
- Richmond is 4-1 on the road this season.
- Sunday will be the first Atlantic 10 contest for both schools.
- Micaela Parson leads the Spiders with an average of 17.6 points per game. Her younger sister - Alex Parson - is the second leading scorer for Richmond with an average of 12.3 points per game.
LAST TIME OUT - RHODY FALLS AT PENN, 84-66
- Penn exploded for 28 points in the first quarter and never looked back, handing Rhode Island a 84-66 loss on Dec. 22.
- Rhode Island found itself down by 11 points less than four minutes into the game, as Penn opened the game with a 17-3 run.
- The lead never got below 10 points as the Rams dropped their second game in a row.
- Redshirt sophomore Elemy Colome scored a career-high 25 points. She added four assists and three rebounds.
- Colome hit four 3-point shots and was 10-of-19 from the floor overall.
- Sophomore Nicole Jorgensen recorded her second double-double in the last three games. She finished with 12 points and 11 rebounds. She had 19 points and 10 boards against Fairfield on Dec. 11.
- Freshman Abby Streeter was the third Ram in double digits. She had 12 points, with all of her scoring coming on 3-pointers. She was 4-of-9 from the 3-point arc.
- Freshman Maia Moffitt had six rebounds and five assists in 25 minutes off the bench.
- Penn had 19 offensive rebounds, which led to 17 second-chance points.