Lassiter, Colome, Ross, Streeter, Jorgensen
Ross, Whitlatch, Russell, Parker, Nwokedi
How It Happened
Penn (4-4) exploded for 28 points in the first quarter and never looked back, handing Rhode Island a 84-66 loss Friday afternoon.
Rhode Island (2-10) found itself down by 11 points less than four minutes into the game, as Penn opened the game with a 17-3 run. The lead never got below 10 points as the Rams dropped their second game in a row.
Inside the Box Score
- Redshirt sophomore Elemy Colome scored a career-high 25 points. She added four assists and three rebounds.
- Colome hit four 3-point shots and was 10-of-19 from the floor overall.
- Sophomore Nicole Jorgensen recorded her second double-double in the last three games. She finished with 12 points and 11 rebounds. She had 19 points and 10 boards against Fairfield on Dec. 11.
- Freshman Abby Streeter was the third Ram in double digits. She had 12 points, with all of her scoring coming on 3-pointers. She was 4-of-9 from the 3-point arc.
- Freshman Maia Moffitt had six rebounds and five assists in 25 minutes off the bench.
- Penn had 19 offensive rebounds, which led to 17 second-chance points.
Stat of the Game
23 – Rhode Island turned the ball over 23 times, the eighth time this season the Rams have had 20 or more turnovers in a game.
Rhode Island is off until Thursday, Dec. 28 when it hosts Division II Southern Connecticut State. Game time is set for 2 p.m. It is Rhody's final non-conference game before the start of Atlantic 10 play.