Rhode Island vs. Bryant
Saturday, Dec. 2 - 2 p.m.
Providence, R.I. - Mullaney Gymnasium
Live Stats | Live Stream ($) | Twitter | Facebook
Providence College will serve as host of the Second Annual Ocean State Tip-Off Tournament on Dec. 2-3 at Alumni Hall in Providence, R.I. The tournament will feature all four NCAA Division I teams in the State of Rhode Island. Providence will host Brown in the first game of the day on Dec. 2 at Noon, followed by the match-up between Bryant and Rhode Island at 2:00 p.m. The winner of each game will advance to the championship game on Dec. 3 at 2:00 p.m. The consolation game will be played at Noon.
TOYS FOR TOTS
Fans are encouraged to bring an unopened and unwrapped toy to the games, which will benefit Toys For Tots. Donations will be accepted at the entrance of Mullaney Gymnasium for the entirety of the tournament.
SMILE FOR THE CAMERA
All four games of the Ocean State Tip-Off Tournament will be broadcasted live on YurView (Cox channel 4 & 1004). A live stream also will be available on Providence's athletic website via Friars All-Access with a subscription cost.
LAST YEAR …
Providence College and Brown each advanced to the inaugural championship game of the Ocean State Tip-Off Tournament in 2016, held at Brown University. The Brown Bears claimed the title with a 77-70 victory.
RHODE ISLAND VS. BRYANT - SERIES NOTES
- Saturday's game will be the sixth meeting between the two schools.
- The Rams are 3-2 all-time against the Bulldogs.
- In the Ocean State Tip-Off Tournament last year, Bryant knocked off Rhody 62-56.
- The first meeting between the two teams came on Nov. 28, 2008 with the Rams taking a 64-57 victory in Kingston.
- The Bulldogs are 0-6 so far this season, most recently falling to Boston University 78-61 on Nov. 29.
RHODE ISLAND VS. BROWN/PROVIDENCE - SERIES NOTES
- Rhode Island is 23-14 all-time against Brown.
- The Bears have won the past two straight contests, defeating the Rams 76-65 in the Ocean State Tip-Off Tournament last year.
- Rhody is 11-36 all-time against Providence.
- The last time the Rams faced the Friars was Dec. 20, 2015 in a overtime battle with Providence taking the victory, 64-55.
LAST TIME OUT - RAMS FALL 70-54 AT DARTMOUTH
- Dartmouth had four players score in double digits to lead the Big Green to a 70-54 victory over Rhode Island on Nov. 24.
- Freshman Abby Streeter made her first collegiate start, scoring eight points and grabbing four boards.
- Junior Dina Motrechuk had a team-high 14 points. She added five rebounds and made two assists.
- Redshirt freshman Meghan Oberg had a career high seven points.
- Junior Jalissa Ross had nine points, three rebounds, two steals and two assists.
- The reserves added 11 points off the bench, led by redshirt freshman Gabrielle Green who scored five points and had five boards.
- Rhody outscored Dartmouth 22-16 in the paint.
- Dartmouth held the advantage in rebounds, 36-31.