Ross, Oberg, Motrechuk, Vargas, Streeter
Quinones, Norman, Lippold, Letkewicz, Slagle
How it Happened
Dartmouth had four players score in double digits to lead the Big Green to a 70-54 victory over Rhode Island Friday night.
The Rams and the Big Green battled in the first quarter, with Dartmouth taking the lead 20-17.
In the second period, Dartmouth went on a 15-8 run to put the Big Green up 10 points with 3:51 left in the half. Dartmouth pushed the lead to as much as 16 after a pair of good free throws from Emily Slagle. A foul forced Gabrielle Green to the free throw line where she made one of two, as the Rams entered the half down 43-28.
Rhode Island outscored Dartmouth 12-10 in the fourth, thanks to back-to-back layups by junior Dina Motrechuk with 4:05 remaining to play. However Rhody could not hold off the strong offense by Dartmouth, who took the eventual victory of 70-64.
Inside the Box Score
- Freshman Abby Streeter made her first collegiate start, scoring eight points and grabbing four boards.
- Junior Dina Motrechuk had a team-high 14 points. She also gabbed five rebounds and made two assists.
- Redshirt freshman Meghan Oberg had a career high seven points.
- Junior Jalissa Ross had nine points, three rebounds, two steals and two assists.
- The reserves added 11 points off the bench, led by redshirt freshman Gabrielle Green who scored five points and had five boards.
- Rhody outscored Dartmouth 22-16 in the paint.
- Dartmouth held the advantage in rebounds, 36-31.
Stat of the Game
75.0% - Rhode Island shot 6-of-8 from the free throw line - a new season-best.
The Rams return to action next Saturday, Dec. 2 to face Bryant in the Ocean State Tip Off Tournament at Providence College. Game time is set for 2 p.m.