Ross, Wilson, Banker, Ward, Tabakman
Mixon, Roland, Letkewicz, Jordan, Slagle
How It Happened
Rhode Island used a stifling defense to key a victory at Dartmouth, winning 57-41 Friday night.
The Rams (3-4) held Dartmouth (1-6) to 28 percent (14-of-50) from the floor, the lowest by any opponent this season. The Rams did not allow the Big Green to score more than 12 points in any quarter. Dartmouth had just six points in the quarter, and Rhode Island never gave up the lead the rest of the way.
Inside the Box Score
- Sophomore Charise Wilson had a game-high 19 points to go with four rebounds, two steals and two assists.
- Senior Samantha Tabakman had her third double-double of the season, finishing with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
- She also had four blocked shots and became the fourth player in program history to reach 100 for her career.
- Redshirt junior Kallie Banker scored eight points and had two assists.
- Freshman Jalissa Ross had a career-high nine rebounds.
- Both teams did well at the line. Rhode Island was 12-for-14, while Dartmouth was 7-for-8.
Stat of the Game
100 – With four blocked shots, senior Samantha Tabakman became the fourth player in program history to record her 100th career block.
Rhode Island wraps up its three-game road swing with a contest at Boston University Wednesday, Dec. 9. Game time is 7 p.m.