Melendez, Wallack, Whittaker, Lewis, T. Johnson
Rooney, Tapio, Clark, Missry, Corning
Points: Banker (16)
Rebounds: Wallack (6)
Assists: Wallack (3)
Steals: Melendez (2)
Blocked Shots: Melendez, Lews (1)
Minutes Played: Banker (35)
Points: Corning (17)
Rebounds: Clark (7)
Assists: Rooney (8)
Steals: Rooney (2)
Blocked Shots: Clark (3)
Minutes Played: Rooney (37)
How it Happened:
Rhode Island (6-15, 1-6 A-10) could not slow down Fordham's backcourt in a 64-51 loss in the Bronx Wednesday.
Fordham (17-4, 6-2 A-10) was led by guards Erin Rooney, Abigail Corning and Hannah Missry, who combined for 42 points, 16 rebounds and 12 assists. Corning led all scorers with 17 points. Rooney had 14 points, eight assists and five rebounds. Missry had 11 points and six boards.
Fordham built its lead to as many as 22 points in the second half as it coasted to its fifth straight win over Rhode Island.
Inside the Box Score:
- Redshirt freshman guard Kallie Banker led Rhody with a career-high 16 points. She added four rebounds and two assists.
- Sophomore guard Symone Bullard had eight points on 4-of-6 shooting to go with three rebounds and two assists.
- Sophomore Samantha Tabakman returned for Rhody after missing the last eight games due to injury. Tabakman played 12 minutes and had two points with three rebounds.
- Rhode Island's bench scored 32 of the team's 51 points.
- Fordham shot 46.3 percent (25-of-54) from the floor.
- With 51 points, it was the eighth time in nine games Rhode Island has scored 55 points or less.
- The loss extended Rhode Island's road losing streak to 43 games.
- The game set a record for attendance for a women's game at Rose Hill Gym with 2,686 fans. It was Fordham's Field Trip Day, as more than 2,500 youths from area elementary schools attended the game.
Stat of the Game:
0:00 – For the third time in four games, Rhode Island did not hold a lead at any point in the game.
Rhody is back on the road Saturday, Feb. 1 when it travels to George Washington. Game time is 2 p.m.