Melendez, Wallack, Banker, Johnson, Tabakman
Tullis, Albanese, Matejcikova, Robinson, Nwankwo
Points: Melendez (20)
Rebounds: Melendez, Wallack (9)
Assists: Banker, Whittaker (4)
Steals: Melendez (1)
Blocked Shots: Johnson (3)
Minutes Played: Melendez (38)
Points: Nwankwo (11)
Rebounds: Nwankwo (17)
Assists: Tullis, Albanese (2)
Steals: Nwankwo (3)
Blocked Shots: Nwankwo (3)
Minutes Played: Nwankwo (37)
Inside the Box Score:
- The Rams led the entire game, marking the first time URI did not trail in a contest since taking down Division III Rhode Island College 89-60, last season at the Ryan Center.
- Rhode Island finished the game with seven three-pointers, the most in a single game so far this season. It also was the most by the Rams since sinking seven at Seton Hall on Dec. 29, 2010.
- Senior Kerry Wallack set a new career high in three-point field goals within the first 20 minutes of play as she connected on 4-of-5 attempts from long range. Overall, she finished with five, the most by any Rhode Island player since Ashley Rivera hit five against George Washington on Jan. 18, 2012.
- Wallack finished the game with 17 points, matching her season-high and giving her her third double-digit performance in the last four games. She narrowly missed her second double-double of the year as she pulled down a team-high nine rebounds.
- Sophomore Tayra Melendez also had nine boards for the Rams, as well as a game-best 20 points, marking her third 20-point game of the season and the fourth of her career. The Mattapan, Mass. native has now scored in double figures in 22 of her 36 career games played for Rhode Island.
- Sophomore Tati Johnson made her first start of the season for the Rams and the eighth of her career. Head coach Cathy Inglese has now used six different starting lineups in Rhody's first nine games of the season.
- Johnson registered a season-high seven rebounds, three blocks and 23 minutes in the win. Her three blocked shots set a new career high.
- As a team, Rhode Island finished with nine blocks -- the team's most since also swatting nine against Duquesne on Feb. 9, 2010.
- URI matched its season-best performance on the glass, finishing with 54 rebounds to NJIT's 33. The Rams have now out-rebounded their opponent in eight of nine games this season and are on the plus side of a 9.2 rebounding margin.
- NJIT's Uju Nwankwo led the Highlanders with 11 points, 17 rebounds, three blocks and three steals.
The Rams return to action on Dec. 10 when they host UMass Lowell at 7 p.m.