Melendez, Wallack, Banker, Thomas, Tabakman
Clarke, Bikofsky, Musgrove, Wellington, Alexander
Points: Tabakman (12)
Rebounds: Wallack, Tabakman (7)
Assists: Bullard, Lewis (2)
Steals: Four players (1)
Blocked Shots: Palmer, Johnson (2)
Minutes Played: Melendez (35)
Points: Bikofsky (28)
Rebounds: Musgrove (8)
Assists: Musgrove (7)
Steals: Clarke (6)
Blocked Shots: Beutel (1)
Minutes Played: Bikofsky (34)
How it Happened:
After playing well defensively in the first half, Rhode Island (1-7) could not contain Brown's 3-point shooting after the break in a 66-56 loss Wednesday.
The Rams took a five-point lead into the half, but Brown (4-3) caught fire from deep. The Bears shot 60 percent from beyond the arc in the second half, led by Sophie Bikofsky's five second-half treys.
The Bears closed out the game at the free throw line, scoring their final 10 points at the stripe in the final 3:05. Bikofsky scored a game-high 28 points for the Bears, while Lauren Clarke had 16 points and six steals.
Inside the Box Score:
- Sophomore Samantha Tabakman led the Rams with 12 points and seven rebounds. She scored all of her points in the first half, as foul trouble caused her to sit for much of the second half.
- Sophomore Tati Johnson reached double digits for the first time in her career, scoring 10 points off the bench. Freshman Kiara Palmer added a career-high eight points in 12 minutes, as Rhody did most of its damage in the paint.
- In the first half, Rhode Island limited Brown to 24 points. It was just the second time Brown has been held to less than 25 in the opening half in seven games this year.
- After committing seven turnovers in the first half, the Rams had 13 in the second half.
- Brown shot 45.5 percent (10-for-22) on 3-point shots, but just 23.7 percent (9-for-38) closer to the basket.
Rhody starts a six-game home stand that begins with NJIT at the Ryan Center Saturday, Dec. 7 at 2 p.m. The Rams will be home for their final five games of 2013, as well as their first game of 2014.