Melendez, Bullard, Thomas, Gaspar, Johnson
O'Neill, Gray, Pachko, Wanninger, Zantt
Points: Melendez (17)
Rebounds: Melendez (7)
Assists: Thomas (2)
Steals: Bullard, Wallack (2)
Blocked Shots: Melendez (2)
Minutes Played: Bullard (38)
Points: Pachko (12)
Rebounds: Gray (8)
Assists: O'Neill (6)
Steals: Gray (3)
Blocked Shots: Glover (3)
Minutes Played: Wanninger (36)
Inside the Box Score:
- With the loss, Rhode Island drops to 5-19 overall and 0-9 in the Atlantic 10. Xavier, meanwhile, improves to 9-15 (3-7).
- The Rams held a slight edge on the boards, out-rebounding the Musketeers, 30-27.
- Xavier outshot Rhode Island, finishing 49% (22-45) from the field compared to URI's 30% (15-50) showing.
- Rhody connected on just 1-of-10 attempts from long range while Xavier netted five 3-pointers.
- There were no lead changes or ties in the game. Xavier opened with a 4-0 lead and remained on top the rest of the way.
- For the third game in a row, Rhode Island started four freshmen - Tayra Melendez, Symone Bullard, Brianna Thomas and Tati Johnson.
- Melendez led all players with 17 points. She also recorded a team-best seven rebounds and two blocked shots.
- Bullard logged a game- and career-high 38 minutes on the floor. She finished with eight points, four rebounds, two steals and an assist.
- Jessica Pachko (12) and Amber Gray (11) both scored in double figures for the Musketeers.
The Rams return to the Ryan Center to host Massachusetts at 2 p.m. on Tuesday.