Melendez, Wallack, Cloutier, Thomas, Gaspar
Barron, McQuain, Martin, Guastella, Abshire
Points: Cloutier (18)
Rebounds: Gaspar (8)
Assists: Thomas (5)
Steals: Thomas (2)
Blocked Shots: Melendez (1), Cloutier (1)
Minutes Played: Melendez (35)
Points: Barron (17)
Rebounds: McQuain (8)
Assists: Abshire (6)
Steals: McQuain (3), Barron (3)
Blocked Shots: Guastella (1), Barron (1), Sferra (1)
Minutes Played: Barron (26)
Inside the Box Score:
- With the loss, Rhody drops to 2-3 while Quinnipiac improves to 3-0.
- Junior Emilie Cloutier led the Rams in scoring as she matched her career best with a game-high 18 points on the afternoon.
- Freshmen Brianna Thomas and Tayra Melendez each added 10 points, marking the first time this season that Rhody finished with three players in double figures.
- Thomas also added six rebounds, five assists and two steals in 34 minutes on the floor.
- Senior Lara Gaspar led the Rams with eight rebounds. Melendez added six.
- Quinnipiac connected on 9-of-20 (45%) attempts from long range as four different players hit at least one three-pointer for the Bobcats.
- Rhode Island held a 40-37 rebounding advantage but committed 18 turnovers to Quinnipiac's 12.
- Felicia Barron registered a team-high 17 points for Quinnipiac.
Rhody returns to Kingston for a Tuesday night meeting with Boston University. Tip-off is set for 7:00 p.m. at the Ryan Center. Rhode Island is 7-10 in the all-time series vs. the Terriers. The last time the teams met - on Nov. 26, 2011 - BU posted a 71-44 win in Boston. In that game, Emilie Cloutier (12) and Ajanae Boone led the Rams with 12 points apiece while recorded a team-high seven rebounds and five assists.