Emilie Cloutier, Chari Lehnertz, Ashley Rivera, Megan Straumann, Sherrie Session
Elle Queen, Justine Raterman, Casey Nance, Patrice Lalor, Andrea Hoover
Points: Ashley Rivera (13)
Rebounds: Chari Lehnertz (8)
Assists: Ashley Rivera (3), Megan Straumann (3)
Steals: Megan Straumann (3)
Blocked Shots: Chari Lehnertz (1), Sherrie Session (1)
Minutes Played: Megan Straumann (37)
Points: Olivia Applewhite (18)
Rebounds: Cassie Sane (11)
Assists: Patrice Lalor (6)
Steals: Elle Queen (4), Samantha MacKay (4)
Blocked Shots: Casey Nance (6)
Minutes Played: Ally Malott (26)
Inside the Box Score:
- With the loss, Rhode Island drops to 1-15 (0-1 Atlantic 10) while Dayton improves to 9-4 (1-0 Atlantic 10). The 1-15 start marks Rhody's slowest start to a season since 1999-2000 when the team opened with 16 consecutive losses.
- URI shot 33.3% on the afternoon, hitting 18-of-54 attempts from the field and two of 10 from long range. Dayton, meanwhile, connected at a 42.5% (34-80) clip and was 20-of-24 from the free throw line.
- Dayton netted nine shots from three-point territory. Seven different Flyers hit at least one three-pointer.
- UD held a 50-36 advantage on the boards and finished with 17 steals to Rhody's five.
- The Rams committed a season-high 30 turnovers, which led directly to 43 Dayton points. URI has now committed 20-or-more turnovers seven times this season.
- Each of Dayton's 11 players to dress put points on the board, including a game-high 18 by Olivia Applewhite, who logged 21 minutes off the bench.
- 66 of Dayton's points were scored by non-starters while URI finished with 10 bench points. Rhody's non-starters have now combined for double-digit point totals in 13 games this season.
- Rhode Island got on the board first and held onto the lead until the 11:37 mark when UD tied the score for the first time.
- Rivera led URI with 13 points while Session added 12. Its the sixth time this season that Rivera has led Rhode Island in scoring.
- Lehnertz pulled down a team-best eight rebounds, matching her career-high.
- Straumann earned her first career start for URI. The Rams have now used eight different starting lineups this season.
- Rhody's four freshmen combined for 17 points and 81 of the teams 200 minutes. Corinne Coia and Straumann each scored seven points
- Applewhite (18), Malott (14) and Sant (14) led the Flyers in scoring as each registered double figures off the bench. Sant (11) and Applewhite (9) were also the team's top rebounders while Lalor dished out a game-high six assists.
Rhode Island returns to the Ryan Center on Wednesday night to host A-10 rival Massachusetts. The Rams are 30-37 in the all-time series vs. the Minutewomen, having dropped five of the last six contests between the teams. Rhody's last win over UMass was a 58-57 victory on Jan. 9, 2010. The last the Rams faced the Minutewomen (Feb. 19, 2011), the Rams suffered a 75-71 setback at the Mullins Center. In that game, Megan Shoniker led all players with 28 points while Lara Gaspar (12) and Ashley Rivera (10) also scored in double figures. Over her 24+ years as a head coach, Cathy Inglese has compiled an 8-8 record against UMass, going 2-3 at Vermont, 5-2 at Boston College and 1-3 at Rhode Island.