STORRS, CONN. — The Rhode Island men's track and field team beat host UConn by one point to win the Northeast Challenge Saturday. The Rams scored 140 team points, just ahead of UConn (139), Northeastern (118.5), Albany (65), and SCSU (49) to round out the top five.
Highlights from the Track
- Casey Burley finished second in the long jump, marking 7.36 meters. Nigel Riley finished fifth, with a mark of 6.98 meters.
- Burley also finished third in the triple jump (14.90m).
- Nigel Hill finished third in the 100 meter dash with a time of 10.58 seconds. Joseph Carter finished ninth, clocking in at 10.82 seconds.
- Hill also finished third in the 200 meter dash, clocking in at 21.24 seconds. Carter finished fifth, with at time of 21.65 seconds.
- Marlon Montague finished third in the 400 meter dash (48.05 seconds).
- Sam Coppola placed fourth in the 800 meters with a time of 1:52.90.
- Joe Maguire finished sixth in the 5000 meters, clocking in at 14:59.43.
- John Stallworth (14.55s) and Callan Davies (14.67s) finished fourth and fifth in the 110 meter hurdles, respectively.
- Adam Franklin placed third in the 400 meter hurdles (52.20s) and Maxwell Dickens finished fourth (52.38s).
- The 4x100 meter relay team of Nigel Hill, Joseph Carter, Yeury Galva, and John Stallworth placed third with a time of 40.76 seconds.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Maxwell Dickens, Adam Franklin, De'Von McGriff, and Marlon Montague finished fourth with a time of 3:19.80.
- Eric Wicks placed second on the high jump, clearing 2.04 meters. Jack Kahrs finished fifth after clearing 1.94 meters.
- Ryan Wilkes won the pole vault with a mark of 4.95 meters. Ondrej Honka placed third (4.80m) and William Thibault finished fourth (4.80m).
- Derek Jacobs placed fourth in the discus with a throw of 48.02 meters.
- Mahlik Handley (60.11m) and Brandon Amo (57.44m) each placed second and third in the hammer throw.
- Greg McManus placed second in the javelin with a throw of 61.63 meters.