BOSTON, MASS. - The Rhode Island Men's Track & Field team sits in second after day one of the New England Championship. The team earned a total of 26 points after the first day of competition.
Highlights from the Track
- In day one of the heptathlon, Drew Nealey sits second with a total of 2839 points. He placed second in the high jump, (6' 5.5"), third in the long jump (21' 2"), third in the shot put (40' 6.25"), and sixth in the 60 meter dash (7.39 seconds).
- Anthony Delasanta advanced to the 400 meter dash finals, placing first in the preliminaries with a time of 49.22 seconds.
- Ryan Wilkes finished first in the pole vault (16' 6.75").
- Brandon Amo finished fourth in the weight throw with a mark of 61' 1.50".
- De'Von McGriff and Marlon Montague qualified for the 500 meter dash finals, clocking in at 1:04.67 and 1:05.68, respectively, in the preliminaries.
- Nigel Hill advanced to the 200 meter dash finals, clocking in second place (21.72 seconds) in the preliminaries.
- Nicholas Fitch qualified for the 800 meter finals with a time of 1:55.59.
The Rams continue competition at the New England Championship tomorrow, Feb. 3.