Mackal Fieldhouse | Kingston, R.I.
Saturday, January 19, 2013
Setting the Scene
The Rhode Island men's track & field team finished first at the Sorlien Invitational with 239 points Saturday afternoon. Stonehill (98), Massachusetts (75.5), Providence (72), American International (43), CCNY (37), Bryant (19), Greater Boston Track Club (16), and Hartford (12) rounded out the group of competitors.
Rhode Island Results
- Tyler Oliveira won the 60-meter dash with a time of 7.00 seconds, a New England qualifying mark.
- Oliveira and Wayne Seaton finished first and second in the 200-meter dash, with times of 22.30 and 22.60, respectively, qualifying them for New England's. Victor Boonham placed fourth in the event (22.84).
- With a time of 49.34 in the 400-meter dash, Anthony Davidson finished second in the event and qualified for New England's.
- Michael Cook grabbed the top spot in the 800-meter run (1.58.63).
- James Strawderman finished first in the pole vault, with a height of 4.75m (15'7). The mark qualified him for New England's
- Ronald Woodley and Benjamin Ezike went one-two in the long jump, reaching a distance of 6.91m (22'8) and 6.65m (21'10), respectively. Woodley's mark was a New England qualifying distance.
- For the second time, Woodley and Ezike went one-two in the triple jump with a mark of 14.86m (48'9) and 14.25m (46'9), respectively. Both marks were New England qualifying marks. Woodley's distance also qualified him for ECAC's.
- Andrew Piscitelli (16.18m/53'1 ft) and Sam Snyder (15.95m/52'4 ft) finished in first and second in the shot put. Both results were New England and ECAC qualifying marks. Thaddeus Kusiak finished fourth (14.54m/47'8.5).
- Kusiak won the 35-pound weight throw (18.62m/61'1.25) qualifying him for New England's and ECAC's. William Janes (16.06m/52'8.25) and Piscitelli (15.86m/52'0.5) finished in second and third, respectively, with New England qualifying marks.
The Rams travel to Boston for the Terrier Classic Saturday Jan. 26. The meet is set to begin at 10 a.m.