RHODE ISLAND (8-2-0, 2-1 A-10)
Starters: Penske (GK), Kristiansen, Middrup, Benco, Zarokostas, Richter, Drayer, Dickson, Brangman, Daley, Akselsen
Substitutes: Cook, Jesman Sunde, B. Basara, Gaudreau
ST. BONAVENTURE (5-4-1, 2-1-0 A-10)
Starters: Iacobellis (GK), Opoku, Bonso, Dujardin, Hansen, Boamah, Nwafornso, Wilson, Perkins, Currey, Gaglianese
Substitutes: Dyck, Scott, Yeung, Richards, Sileo, Mazzola, Jashinski
13:16 - URI - Richter (unassisted)
33:37 - SBU - Nwafornso (Boamah)
34:33 - URI - Richter (Kristiansen)
68:47 - URI - Zarokostas (Akselsen)
How It Happened
Rhode Island jumped out to a quick lead, getting on the board in the 14th minute when Dominik Richter scored his fourth goal of the season on a free kick from just outside the box. St. Bonaventure evened the score in 34th minute, on a goal by Kosi Nwafornso, but Richter struck again less than a minute later to put Rhody back on top 2-1. Peder Kristiansen was credited with an assist on Richter's second goal of the night.
Inside the Box Score
- Senior Dominik Richter scored two goals for the Rams. He has now recorded either a goal or an assist in seven of URI's 10 games this season.
- Junior Peder Kristiansen picked up his fourth assists of the season, and third in URI's last three games.
- Senior Stavros Zarokostas netted his fifth goal of the season. He now has 45 career points (18g/9a) in 45 career games played.
- Redshirt freshman Edvin Akselsen recorded his second assist of the week. For the season, he has 11 total points on four goals and three assists.
- Freshman Roger Penske made one save to improve to 6-2-0 on the season.
- Freshman Zach Drayer made his first career start for the Rams.
- Rhode Island held a 9-3 advantage in corner kicks and outshot the Bonnies 14-4.
- St. Bonaventure's Luke Iacobellis finished the game with five saves.
The Rams are back in action on Wednesday night when they host UMass at 7 p.m.