Oct 09, 2017
- Rhode Island (7-2-2, 3-0-0 A-10) travels to Holy Cross for its final non-conference game of the season Tuesday night.
- Rhody is undefeated over its last eight games, most recently defeating La Salle 1-0 in double overtime Saturday night in Philadelphia.
- After 103 scoreless minutes, the Rams finally broke through on a goal by sophomore Stavros Zarokostas. Zarokostas also netted an 88th-minute game-winner in last Wednesday's comeback win over St. Bonaventure.
- Zarokostas and junior Chae Brangman are tied for the team lead in total points (13) with five goals and three assists each.
- Sophomore Peder Kristiansen leads the A-10 in assists with six.
- Overall, 13 different players have recorded either a goal or an assist for the Rams.
- Senior Nils Leifhelm has played all 1063:44 in goal for Rhode Island, posting six shoutouts and collecting three Atlantic 10 Defensive Player of the Week awards so far this season.
- Through 11 games this season, URI has outscored its opponents 19-10.
- The Rams are averaging 12.6 shots per game and 4.5 corner kicks per game.
The Holy Cross Series
- Rhode Island leads: 11-2-0
- Last meeting: The Crusaders defeated the Rams (2-1) on Sept. 15, 2012, in Worcester, Mass.
- Current Streak: Holy Cross, one win.
- Rhody's last win: September 17, 2011 (2-1) in Kingston, R.I.
- Of Note: Holy Cross won the last meeting between the two teams, snapping URI's streak of 10 straight wins dating back to 1968.
Scouting the Crusaders
- Holy Cross enters the week with a 4-5-2 overall record and an 2-1-1 mark in the Patriot League.
- Their last time out, the Crusaders overcame a 1-0 deficit to defeat Bucknell 2-1 on Saturday.
- Holy Cross is averaging 10.8 shots per game while allowing 10.7.
- The Crusaders have taken 52 corner kicks while allowing 56.
- Six different players have combined to score Holy Cross' 11 goals this season.
- Arno Rupp leads the team with eight points on a team-high four goals.
- Owen Azark has scored a pair of goals while Sean Merrick and Tyler Bell each have recorded one goal and one assist.
- Henry Stutz has played all 1035:33 between the posts this season. He is 4-5-2 with two shutouts, 32 saves and a 1.48 goals against average.