|Hometown:||Hastings on Hudson, N.Y.|
2013: One of three team captains for the 2013 season... Appeared and started in 15 of the team's 16 games, missing only senior day... Earned his first win of the season in a six-save effort vs. Bryant... Picked up his first shutout of the season in URI's 2-0 win at Sacred Heart... Made a career-high nine saves against George Washington... Turned away eight shots the next time out at Fordham.
2012: Started in all 14 of his games played... Finished the year with a 3-8-2 record and three shutouts... Totalled 69 saves opposite 24 goals against... Posted a 1.98 GAA... Recorded a shutout in his first career start vs. Northern Illinios... Earned his first career win in a 3-1 victory over Massachusetts... Posted a shutout in Rhody's double overtime draw with Temple... Picked up his second W in a 1-0 win over Duquesne... Also earned the win in URI's 4-1 victory over St. Bonaventure.
2011: Did not appear in any games for the Rams.
Before URI: Was member of the soccer and track teams at Hasting High School... Captained his soccer team as a senior... Was a three-time All-League and two-time All-Section honoree... Also earned All-State accolades and was named the League MVP his senior year... Was the Rivertowns Player of the Year in 2009-10... Helped lead Hastings to the league championship in 2010... Also was a member of the State Cup championship team (FC Westchester) and the Maccabi Games gold medal team (U16)... Was a four-year member of the Eastern New York Olympic Development Program and was invited to the Super Y National Camp in 2008... Trained under US National Team and former New York Cosmos player Erhardt Kapp... Also was involved with Project Share and Westmunc and was a Sunday School teacher's assistant.
Personal: Born May 18, 1993... Son of Lorraine and Simon Spenser... Has three siblings, Roger, Timothy and Julia... Majoring in Business.
|Oct 25||George Washington||L, 2-1|
|Oct 27||at Fordham||L, 1-0|
|Nov 1||at George Mason||L, 2-1|
|Nov 3||Duquesne||L, 3-1|
|Nov 8||Saint Louis||L, 5-0|
|Nov 10||Dayton||L, 3-0|
|Aug 30||at Seton Hall||L, 3-0||90:00||3||3.00||6||.667|
|Sep 6||Providence||L, 2-1||90:00||2||2.00||5||.714|
|Sep 8||Bryant||W, 3-1||90:00||1||1.00||6||.857|
|Sep 13||at Stony Brook||L, 1-0||90:00||1||1.00||3||.750|
|Sep 18||at New Hampshire||L, 4-0||90:00||4||4.00||3||.429|
|Sep 24||Boston College||L, 3-0||90:00||3||3.00||6||.667|
|Sep 27||NJIT||L, 1-0||90:00||1||1.00||4||.800|
|Oct 5||at Sacred Heart||W, 2-0||90:00||0||0.00||2||1.000|
|Oct 13||at VCU||L, 3-1||90:00||3||3.00||3||.500|
|Oct 20||at Massachusetts||L, 3-1||90:00||3||3.00||5||.625|
|Oct 25||George Washington||L, 2-1||104:23||2||1.72||9||.818|
|Oct 27||at Fordham||L, 1-0||90:00||1||1.00||8||.889|
|Nov 1||at George Mason||L, 2-1||90:00||2||2.00||4||.667|
|Nov 3||Duquesne||L, 3-1||90:00||3||3.00||8||.727|
|Nov 8||Saint Louis||L, 5-0||90:00||5||5.00||4||.444|
|Nov 10||Dayton||L, 3-0||-||-||-||-||-|
- 04/15/14: Register Now for the URI Men's...
- 04/11/14: VIDEO: "Thank You, You Really...
- 03/24/14: Nine New Players to Join URI Men's...
- 02/28/14: Bassett Joins Men's Soccer Staff
- 11/18/13: Sykes Collects CollegeSportsMadness...
- 11/13/13: Sykes Named to Atlantic 10 Men's...
- 11/10/13: Rams End Season with 3-0 Loss to...
- 11/08/13: Rams Come Up Short Against Saint...
- 11/07/13: Rhody Hosts Saint Louis and Dayton...
- 11/07/13: Former URI Coach Geza Henni to be...
- 11/04/13: #SAOTW: Hess and Ethier Named...
- 11/03/13: Sykes Scores Lone Rhody Goal in 3-1...
- 11/01/13: Rams Fall at Mason, 2-1
- 11/01/13: Men's Soccer Faces George Mason and...
- 10/27/13: Men's Soccer Blanked at Fordham,...
- 10/25/13: Men's Soccer Drops Double Overtime...
- 10/24/13: Men's Soccer Hosts George Washingto...
- 10/20/13: Rams Fall to Minutemen, 3-1
- 10/13/13: Rhode Island Tripped Up at VCU, 3-1
- 10/11/13: Men's Soccer Game at George Mason...