Oct. 3, 2011
The Macdonald Cup - Final Results
Setting the Scene:
Course: Oct. 1-2 (36 holes), Yale Golf Club (par 70/6,749 yards)
The field: 14 teams, 75 total golfers
Rhode Island's Individual Results:
* Branden Chicorka continued his strong play during the fall, tying for third place overall (70-69=139, -1). Chicorka carded an even-par 70 during Saturday's first round and followed that up with a 1-under 69 during Sunday's second 18 holes of play. The 69 tied for the lowest collegiate round for Chicorka - this week's A-10 Co-Golfer of the Week.
* Jared Adams closed strong as well, firing a 1-over 71 during Sunday's second round. He finished tied for 16th place (73-71=144, +4), after opening with a 73 during Saturday's first round.
* Michael Hamilton tied for 29th place, with a pair of 74's. He totaled 148 over the two rounds of play.
* David Gosselin and Jeffrey Ray rounded out the Rhody golfers. Gosselin, in his first competition of the season, finished in a tie for 59th place (79-74=153). Ray was tied for 72nd place (79-78=157).
Rhode Island Team Results:
* The Rams finished in seventh place overall, with a total team score of 584 (296-288). Host Yale followed up its opening round, even-par 280 with a 285 to take the team title. Peter Williamson of Dartmouth was the top individual, with a score of 136 (65-71, -4).
Rhode Island competes in the Connecticut Cup on Oct. 10-11 at Ellington Ridge C.C. in Ellington, Conn.