Apr 28, 2018
- Grand Cypress Golf Club - Orlando, Fla.
- Par 72 (7,024 yards)
- First Round: Friday, April 27
- Second Round: Saturday, April 28
- Third Round: Sunday, April 29
- The Field: 11 teams, 55 golfers
- Weather: 80 degrees, sunny, light breeze
- Rhode Island was the only team to make a jump in the standings during Round 2, moving from seventh place to third overall.
- The Rams combined for the first sub-300 round of the tournament, finishing Saturday's round with a team score of 297.
- Only Davidson - which leads the field through two rounds - turned in a better team score on Day 2, finishing with a 294.
- After turning in a +20 score on Friday, the Rams went +9 on Saturday, combining for a 605 (308-297) through 36 holes.
- Davidson leads the field of 11 at 594 (300-294) while URI is just three strokes behind second-place Dayton (300-302=602).
- VCU (612) and Richmond (613) round out the top-5 through two rounds of competition.
- Redshirt junior Brody King remains in second place through 36 holes, finishing one stroke behind Davidson's Mike Blasey. King birdied four holes, and was two under through 14, but double bogeyed the 15th and bogeyed the 17th to end the round +1. He enters Sunday's final round with a combined score of 145 (72-73).
- After carding an opening-round 80, freshman Chris Francoeur knocked eight strokes off his second-round score to finish with an even 72. His two-round total of 152 has him in 14th place.
- Junior Dawson Jones was +6 for the second round, parring 12 holes and bogeying six. He will enter Sunday's third and final round tied for 20th overall.
- Like King, sophomore Jason Short was 2-under through 14 - thanks in part to a eagle on the par-5 11th hole. He picked up four extra strokes over the final four holes however, finishing the day +2 (74). With a two-day score of 156 (82-74) he is tied for 25th.
- Freshman Bobby Weise matched his first-round score with an 80 the second time through. After shooting 9-over on the front nine, he went eagle-birdie-eagle on holes 10, 11 and 12. His two-round score of 160 (80-80) has him in a three-way tie for 39th place.
Head Coach Gregg Burke's Take
- Today was a total team effort. Chris, Brody, and Jason were terrific. Dawson hit it really well again but hasn't been able to get Dawson numbers. Bobby started the back 4-under for the first three holes so he is right there.
- Tomorrow we play in the final group with teams led by two of the coaches I respect most in college golf. Our guys worked incredibly hard from the end of the fall season, through five months of workouts and hitting indoors to earn that privilege. Tomorrow is their day.
The Rams return to Grand Cypress Golf Club for the third and final round of the A-10 Championship on Sunday morning.