Oct 09, 2017
- Ellington Ridge Country Club - Ellington, Conn.
- Par 72 course (6,936 yards)
- First & Second Rounds: Monday, Oct. 9
- Third Round: Tuesday, Oct. 10
- The Field: 15 teams, 90 golfers
- Weather: 70 degrees, showers
- Rhode Island finished the first round in third place with a combined team score of 291 (+3)
- Tournament host UConn is atop the leaderboard through the first round, with a -4 284.
- Two strokes ahead of URI, in second place, is Cornell (289).
- Central Connecticut and Lafayette round out the top-5 as both are tied for fourth placed at eight over par (296).
- Play was halted midway through the second round, due to inclement weather. The teams will pick up where they left off tomorrow morning, and head into the third and final round immediately after finishing Round #2.
- Sophomore Burke Barsamian turned in the Rams' top score in the opening round, carding an even 72 to tie for seventh place overall.
- Junior Dawson Jones and freshmen Bobby Weise and Chris Francoeur finished a stroke behind Barsamian, tying for 13th place with a score of 73.
- Redshirt junior Brody King entered Round #2 tied for 68th overall with a 7-over 79.
Head Coach Gregg Burke's Take
- It was a mixed bag out there for us today.
- Burke was our top scorer and has begun to establish himself as a top-3 player.
- Bobby and Chris both got to 1-over in remarkably different ways - Bobby had 7 birdies.
- Dawson shows signs of his tremendous ability, but has not put it all together just yet.
- We'll play over 30 holes tomorrow and we'll know better where we are.
- Tomorrow is an important day because we have a quick turn around after that for Georgetown.
- The Rams return to Ellington Ridge Country Club to close out play on Tuesday morning.