Sep 18, 2017
- Bull's Bridge Golf Club - South Kent, Conn.
- Par 72 course (6,992 yards)
- First & Second Rounds: Monday, Sept. 18
- Third Round: Tuesday, Sept. 19
- The Field: 20 teams, 116 golfers
- Weather: 75 degrees, cloudy, humid
- Originally scheduled for 36 holes on Monday, play was suspended in the second round due to darkness.
- The second round will resume Tuesday morning at 8 a.m., followed by the third and final round of play.
- Through the first 18 holes, Rhode Island's even 288 had the team in fifth place.
- UCF (-15), Towson (-5), Connecticut (-3) and Seton Hall (-2) were ahead of URI in the standings after Round 1.
- Fordham (+3) - the only other Atlantic 10 team among the field - sat in eighth place while in-state rival Bryant (+10) was in 12th through the tournament's first round.
- Junior Dawson Jones finished the first round tied for fourth place with a 3-under 69.
- Freshman Bobby Weise and redshirt sophomore Jason Short both carded an even 72 to tie for 22nd overall.
- Sophomore Burke Barsamian was +3 (75) through the first 18 holes, putting him in a tie for 53rd.
- Freshman Chris Francoeur went +4 his first time through, tying him for 61st place.
Head Coach Gregg Burke's Take
- There were a number of great things today throughout the lineup.
- Jason Short was 4 over after 11 and then went 8 under the rest of the way.
- Dawson Jones returned to form with a 69 in the morning and then even par in the afternoon.
- Chris Francoeur struggled in the morning but came back to even in the afternoon.
- Bobby Weise had another great round for us at even in the morning.
- This was one of our best first days in eight years that we've played here, so we're excited for tomorrow.
- The Rams return to Bull's Bridge Golf Club to close out play on Tuesday morning.