- Grand Cypress Golf Club - Orlando, Fla.
- Par 72 course (6,794 yards)
- First Round: Friday, April 28
- Second Round: Saturday, April 29
- Third Round: Sunday, April 30
- The Field: 11 teams, 55 golfers
- Weather: 88-95 degrees, 10 mph winds
- Rhode Island combined for a first-round 289, finishing the day in ninth place among the field of 11.
- The Rams will enter Saturday's second round 16 strokes behind Richmond, which leads the field with a combined 273 (-15).
- Sophomore Dawson Jones had the Rams' best opening-round score, carding a 4-under 68. He finished with five birdies and just one bogey and will enter Saturday's second round tied for fifth overall.
- Senior Billy Walthouse was 4-under through the first nine holes, before picking up two strokes on the back nine to finish the day tied for 14th place with a 2-under 70.
- Grad student Chris Houston was even on the back nine, but put himself in a hole on the front nine as he bogeyed four holes before birdying the ninth. He is tied for 44th overall with a 3-over 75.
- Junior Brody King finished with a first-round 76. He was 1-under through the first eight holes, but double-bogeyed the ninth and was +3 on the back nine.
- Redshirt freshman Jason Short carded a 79, ending Friday's first round in 55th place. He birdied the par-5 15th hole, but bogeyed eight others to finish 7-over.
Head Coach Gregg Burke's Take
- We got a great round from Dawson and a solid round from Billy, but after that we struggled.
- The field proved how easy the golf course is.
- We put ourselves in a familiar first-round hole and need to make another comeback.
The Rams return to Grand Cypress Golf Club to for the second round of the Atlantic 10 Championship on Saturday morning. Rhody will tee off at 8:15 a.m. alongside Fordham and Saint Joseph's.