- Whitemarsh Valley Country Club - LaFayette Hill, Pa.
- Par 72 (6,641 yards)
- First & Second Rounds: Monday, April 10
- The Field: 14 teams, 74 golfers
- Weather: 75 degrees, sunny, slight breeze
- Rhode Island tied with Lafayette for sixth overall, carding a 9-over 297 in the opening round and going +26 in the afternoon.
- Overall, the Rams were +35, combining for a two-round team score of 611.
- Longwood (586) claimed the team title while Drexel (587), Villanova (601), Delaware (605) and Lehigh (605) rounded out the top-5.
- Rhody finished three strokes ahead of La Salle (614), the only other Atlantic 10 team competing in the tournament.
- Sophomore Dawson Jones was URI's top finisher, tying for 13th place with a 5-over 149 (73-76). He birdied three holes his first time through and five during the afternoon round.
- Senior Billy Walthouse and grad student Chris Houston tied for 24th overall, each finishing with a two-round score of 153 (+9). Walthouse went 74-79 while Houston shot 75-78.
- Junior Brody King finished in an eight-way tie for 33rd place, finishing the day +12 (75-81=156).
- Competing in the first tournament of his collegiate career, freshman Burke Barsamian tied for 48th overall with a 15-over 159. He combined for four birdies on the afternoon – three in the first round and one in the second.
Head Coach Gregg Burke's Take
- We played in a really well-run tournament on a magnificent golf course in gorgeous weather and didn't finish the way we hoped.
- This one is on me. The boys never gave up. We will regroup and be ready for the Rhode Island Invitational.
The Rams return to action next week at the Rhode Island Invitational. The 54-hole tournament will be played at Quidnessett Country Club in North Kingstown, R.I. on Monday (Rounds 1-2) and Tuesday (Round 3).