Sep 19, 2016
- Bull's Bridge Golf Club - South Kent, Conn.
- Par 72 course (6,992 yards)
- First Round: Monday, Sept. 19
- Second Round: Tuesday, Sept. 20
- The Field: 19 teams, 108 golfers
- Weather: 75 degrees, rainy, humid
- Originally scheduled to play 36 holes on Monday, the day was cut short after inclement weather forced a late start that resulted in only one round being completed.
- Through 18 holes, the Rams are tied with Sam Houston State for fifth place with a team score of 290 (two strokes over par).
- Cal Poly leads the field with a combined 276 (-12), followed by UCF's 279 (-9), Seton Hall's 282 (-6) and Towson's 286 (-2).
- Once spot behind the Rams, in seventh place, is St. John's with a 291 (+3). Bryant, Fairleigh Dickinson and Bethune-Cookman all are tied for eighth overall with a +4 292.
- Senior Billy Walthouse, grad student Chris Houston and sophomore Dawson Jones all carded an opening-round 72 to tie for 26th overall.
- Senior Eric Marchetti finished the first round tied for 48th overall with a +2 74.
- Redshirt freshman Jason Short shot a 6-over 78 the first time through, and will enter Tuesday's final round tied for 77th place.
Head Coach Gregg Burke's Take
- It is always good to have our scores grouped together and it is a luxury to feel we are a lot better than 2 over, but we all know we left a lot of shots out there.
- We made a number of double bogies on a golf course where we shouldn't have any.
- I expect a solid round tomorrow and better scores one through five.
The Rams return to Bull's Bridge Golf Club to close out play on Tuesday morning.