2012 Atlantic 10 Championship
Second Round Results
Live Results (HTML)
Setting the Scene:
Course: Heron Bay Golf Club – Coral Springs, Fla. (par 72/7,055 yards)
The field: 11 teams/55 golfers
Weather: low 80s, wind E 11 mph (Weather.com)
Rhode Island's Individual Results:
* Andrew Fiorenzano sits in a tie for fifth place – three shots off the lead – after a even-par 72 during Saturday's second round. The sophomore carded four birdies on the day, on the 1st, 3rd, 10th, and 14th holes.
The Cranston, R.I. native fired an opening round 69 - his lowest round as a collegiate golfer. He sits at 3-under, with a two-round total score of 141.
* Branden Chicorka bounced back with a strong second round, posting the fourth-lowest score of the day, with a 2-under par 70. The junior was 4-under at the turn, posting birdies on the 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 9th holes.
Over his last 33 holes, Chicorka is 2-under. He opened championship play with a round of 75 and is tied for 16th place.
* Taylor Fontaine sits one shot behind Chicorka, posting his second straight 73 on the scorecard. The senior is 2-over (146) and tied for 19th place.
Fontaine was 1-under at the turn, firing birdies on the 1st and 7th. He added two more birds on the 10th and 12th.
* Jared Adams posted another 74 during Saturday's second round. The sophomore is tied for 27th place, with a two-round total of 148.
He closed out the second round with two birdies (11th and 13th holes) en route to a 1-under 35 on the back nine.
* Jeffrey Ray is tied for 36th place overall, posting his second consecutive score of 75. He carded a birdie on the 4th hole and played the back nine just 1-over par. Ray has a total score of 150 over the first two days of competition.
Rhode Island Team Results:
* The Rams sit in fifth place overall, after the second day of play. Rhody posted a second round score of 289 – the team's lowest score of the spring and the second lowest of the year. URI improved over its first day score by two shots and have a combined total of 580.
* George Washington sits atop the team leaderboard (568), followed by Charlotte and Xavier tied for second place (570). Richmond is in fourth place, five shots ahead of the Rams (575).
Rhode Island finish up play at the 2012 Atlantic 10 Championship on Sunday, April 29 at the Heron Bay Golf Club in Coral Springs, Fla.