Rhody Invitational – Final Results
Course: Green Valley C.C. – Portsmouth, R.I. (par 71/6,830 yards)
The field: 7 teams, 47 total golfers
Weather: low 60s, moderate wind
Rhode Island's Individual Results:
* Branden Chicorka fired an even-par 71 during Sunday's second and final round. He finished in second place overall for the tournament, with a two-round total of 147. The Enfield, Conn. opened the tournament with a first round 76.
* Jeffrey Ray, competing as an individual, tied for third place overall. Ray carded the second-lowest round by a Rhody golfer in Sunday's second round, with a 1-over 72. He finished with a two-day total of 150 (76-72).
* Taylor Fontaine matched his opening round 77 with a matching score on Sunday's final day of play. The senior finished in 12th place overall with a two-day total of 154.
* David Gosselin, another URI individual competitor, tied for 13th place. He bested his first round score of 81 with a final day 75. Gosselin finished with a total score of 156.
* Three Rams tied for 20th place overall - Jared Adams, Seamus Fennelly, and Michael Hamilton - with a total score of 158. Adams carded a pair of 79's in each of the two rounds of play. Fennelly and Hamilton followed up a pair of first round 77's with a score 81 on Sunday.
* Andrew Fiorenzano shot a second round 77, putting him in a tie for 25th place with a score of 159 (82-77).
* Matt Montt finished 44th, with a total score of 167 (81-86).
* Sacred Heart's Josh Salah was the individual medalist, finishing with 2-over total of 144. He shot an opening round 71 and finished up with a 73 during Sunday's final round.
Rhode Island Team Results:
* The Rams finished in third place, compiling a team score of 613 (309-304).
* Fordham won the tournament with a total score of 604 (304-300). Sacred Heart was second, with a score of 607 (305-302).
Rhode Island travels to Purchase, N.Y. for the Century Intercollegiate, held at the Century Club from April 21-22.