Wildcat Invitational – Final Results
Setting the Scene:
Course: White Manor Country Club Village – Malvern, Pa. (par 71/7,055 yards)
The field: 14 teams, 76 total golfers
Weather: high 40s, with wind gusts in the 30-40 mph range
Rhode Island's Individual Results:
* Branden Chicorka finished tied for 28th overall. After an opening round 80, Chicorka fired off a team-best score of 74 in the second round. He closed with a 78, finishing with a 54-hole score of 232.
* Taylor Fontaine tied for 31st, with a total score of 234. Fontaine opened the tournament with a 77 and followed that up with scores of 79 in the second round and 78 in Tuesday's final day of competition.
* Jared Adams closed out the tournament with his best round – a 4-over 76 – en route to tying for 39th overall. Adams carded an 81 and 79 in Monday's first two rounds.
* Andrew Fiorenzano finished one stroke behind Adams, with a total score of 237. The sophomore registered an 82 on the first day, while closing out with a 78 and 77, respectively, over the next two rounds of competition.
* Ohio State's Matthew Turner, competing as an individual, was the tournament's top medalist – with a 4-under score of 212 (72-68-72).
Rhode Island Team Results:
* The Rams finished in seventh place in the three round, 54-hole tournament (939). URI improved its team score in each of the three rounds, opening with a 320 before posting a second round score of 310 on Monday, April 2. Rhody closed out the tournament with a final day score of 309.
Ohio State captured the tournament title, with a 54-hole total of 890. Delaware and St. John's tied for second (901), followed by host Villanova in fourth (902).
Rhode Island competes in the New England Division I Championship on April 6-7 at the Newport National G.C. in Middletown, R.I.