Homewood Suites Siena Invitational – Final Round
Setting the Scene:
Course: PGA Village (Dye Course) – Port St. Lucie, Fla. (par 72/6,639 yards)
The field: Seven teams, 44 total golfers
* The Homewood Suites Siena Invitational is URI's 2012 Spring opener
Rhode Island's Individual Results:
* Branden Chicorka fired the lowest round of the two-day, 36-hole tournament during Saturday's second and final round. The junior from Enfield, Conn. carded a 2-under par 70, putting him in fourth place overall. Chicorka finished with a +3 147, after an opening round 77.
* Andrew Fiorenzano tied for 11th place overall, with a two-day total of 153. After carding an opening round 75, the sophomore fired a second day score of 78.
* Jared Adams finished two strokes behind Fiorenzano, with a 36-hole total score of 155. Adams tied for 17th place, carding a first round 76 and a second round 79.
* Taylor Fontaine placed 21st overall, one stroke behind Adams. He posted scores of 77 and 79, good for a total score of 156 (+12).
* Michael Hamilton finished strong, posting a final round score of 75 (+3). The graduate student tied for 25th place overall. He registered an opening round 83.
Rhode Island Team Results:
* The Rams finished in third place as a team, with a team aggregate score of 607 (305-302).
* They were 10 strokes behind the team champion – William Woods (597) – and eight shy of second place Long Island.
Rhode Island begins play in the Wildcat Invitational on April 2-3. The tournament will be played at White Manor C.C. in Malvern, Pa.