ALL TAILGATING AREAS WILL OPEN THREE (3) HOURS PRIOR TO SCHEDULED START OF THE GAME AND WILL CLOSE 15 MINUTES BEFORE KICKOFF.
ALL TAILGATING AREAS MUST BE CLEARED WHILE THE GAME IS IN PROGRESS.
ALL TAILGATING AREAS WILL CLOSE 60 MINUTES AFTER THE GAME.
GENERAL TAILGATING REGULATIONS
1. Glass containers are prohibited.
2. Ball playing and other games are not allowed in tailgate areas.
3. No bands, large speakers or amplified music will be permitted.
4. No solicitation of any kind is allowed. This includes banners, raffles, or the selling of any products (food, drink, apparel, souvenirs) without written permission from URI Athletics.
5. No political signage or materials endorsing a particular candidate or issue may be displayed.
6. Portable rest rooms are available in all areas. Additional facilities are located inside Meade Stadium and the Ryan Center both of which open one hour prior to kickoff.
7. Food and beverage may not be brought into Meade Stadium or the Ryan Center.
8. The University of Rhode Island reserves the right to revoke parking and/or game admission privileges for violation of any State, University, or published policies regarding the consumption of alcohol or use of parking areas.
TAILGATING IS A PRIVILEGE - NOT A RIGHT - AND THE UNIVERSITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CLOSE DOWN ANY OR ALL TAILGATING AREAS AND TO DISMISS ANY PERSON FROM THE PREMISES FOR VIOLATIONS OF THIS POLICY OR WHEN IT DETERMINES IS REQUIRED FOR PUBLIC SAFETY PURPOSES.
RAM LOT AND ELLERY POND LOT (DONOR LOTS)
1. Kegs, glass containers and bottles, and other large quantities of alcohol are prohibited inside the Ram and Ellery Pond lots.
2. The Ram Lot and the Ellery Pond Lot are the only parking areas in which tailgating with your own alcohol is permitted. Access to those lots is by parking pass only based on donor support.
3. The legal age for possession of alcoholic beverages and consumption of alcoholic beverages in R.I. is 21.
KEANEY LOT/BOSS ICE ARENA LOT (FAMILY PARKING/ALCOHOL FREE)
1. The Keaney and Boss Ice Arena lots are designated as the Family/Alcohol Free area.
PLAINS ROAD LOT (TAILGATING AREA - $10.00 ) AND (NON-TAILGATING AREA - NO CHARGE)
1. The Plains Road Lot provides opportunity for tailgating but alcohol use is restricted to beer and wine purchased from the vendor in that lot.
2. The legal age for possession of alcoholic beverages and consumption of alcoholic beverages in R.I. is 21.
3. ID's will be checked by the vendor prior to the purchase of beer and wine in the Plains Road Lot and by law enforcement personnel in any area when necessary. Anyone in possession of or consuming alcoholic beverages must produce a valid ID to police when requested.
4. No alcohol may be brought into the tailgating area. Alcohol not purchased from the vendor will be confiscated and destroyed.
5. A limited number of first-come, first-served parking spots at the back of the Plains Rd. tailgating area will be held for RV's and motor homes.
6. Parking attendants are on duty to assist in maintaining orderly traffic flow and parking arrangement. Please park where they direct you. You may not "save" spots. Vehicles are not allowed to block travel lanes.
7. Charcoal grills and open pit fires are prohibited - Gas Grills only at the rear of your vehicle are permitted.
8. Drinking games (included but not limited to beer pong), and the use of devices intended to accelerate the consumption of alcohol (including but not limited to funnels or beer bongs) are prohibited.
POLICE AND STAFF ARE ASSIGNED TO THESE AREAS AND WILL ENFORCE ALL POLICIES AND LAWS.
PLEASE APPROACH THEM IN CASE OF A PROBLEM OR EMERGENCY. WE ASK FOR YOUR COOPERATION IN ADHERING TO THESE POLICIES.
Click here for URI Tailgating FAQ.