The Rams used some aggressive play calling to get on the scoreboard first. Facing fourth-and-4 at the New Hampshire 12, Bob Bentsen hit Josh Gross for a 9-yard completion. On the next play, Bentsen hit Robbie Jackson over the middle for a 12-yard touchdown. The Rams went for the 2-point conversion, but they could not convert.
After a slow start, New Hampshire (2-3, 1-1 CAA Football) used its ground attack to take control of the game. Nico Steriti broke off a 54-yard touchdown run with 35 seconds remaining in the first quarter, the first of four rushing touchdowns for New Hampshire.
Steriti – who finished with 150 rushing yards – ran it in twice, while Sean Goldrich and Chris Setian each scored once on the ground.
Inside the Box Score
- Rhode Island was the first opponent this season to score in a game before New Hampshire.
- Quarterback Bob Bentsen finished with 220 passing yards, two touchdowns and one interception. He also led the team with 49 rushing yards.
- Quarterback Kolt Peavey completed his first career pass on a 26-yard strike to Robbie Jackson. Peavey finished 5-of-7 for 72 yards and a touchdown.
- Linebacker Mike Henderson recovered a fumble while covering a punt. It was the second time this season the punt coverage team has created a turnover.
- Wide receiver Robbie Jackson found the end zone for the second straight week with his 12-yard touchdown catch in the first quarter. He added a second touchdown in the fourth quarter. Jackson had his second career 100-yard receiving game, finishing with nine catches for 111 yards.
- Wide receiver Ross Kim finished the game with five catches for 48 yards. He entered the game with four catches for 39 yards combined in the first six games of the year.
- Wide receiver Jawaun Wynn caught the first touchdown pass of his career with a 26-yard reception in the second quarter. He matched/set a career high with six catches for 60 yards.
- Defensive end James Timmins had his first career interception in the first quarter to stop New Hampshire's opening possession. The pick led to the first touchdown of the game
- Shomari Watts recorded his second sack of the season in the first quarter. It was the team's 10th sack of the season. Rhody had nine sacks for the entire season a year ago.
- Watts finished the game with a career-high four tackles.
- Defensive back Doug Johnson led the Rams with a season-high nine tackles.
Stat of the Day
333 – Rushing yards for the New Hampshire offense. Running back Nico Steriti had his eighth career 100-yard game, finishing with 150 yards and two touchdowns.
Stat of the Day II
12 – Points turnovers scored by the Rams.
After playing on the road five times in the first seven weeks, Rhode Island will play back-to-back home games for the first time this season. The Rams host Richmond next Saturday, Oct. 19 on Family Day at Meade Stadium. The following week will be Homecoming against Delaware on Saturday, Oct. 26.