Jan 29, 2019
RHODE ISLAND VS. DUQUESNE - SERIES NOTES
- Wednesday's game will be the 59th meeting between the Rams and Duquesne.
- Rhode Island leads the series, 33-25.
- The Rams have won four straight in the series, including a 61-58 victory at the Ryan Center last Jan. 27.
- Rhode Island is 14-12 when playing at Duquesne.
- The Rams have won eight straight road games in the series, with the last loss at Duquesne coming in a 83-69 defeat on Jan. 10, 2001.
- Both teams come into the game off of a loss. Duquesne had won five straight before falling to VCU, 80-74, last Saturday.
- Rhode Island had a three-game win streak snapped with its 77-70 loss at Massachusetts on Sunday.
- Wednesday's games features two of the top three rebounders in the Atlantic 10. Rhode Island junior Cyril Langevine averages a league-best 9.8 rebounds per game, while Duquesne sophomore Eric Williams, Jr. averages 7.8.
- Both teams have found offensive rhythm in A-10 play. Duquesne is scoring a league-best 75.4 points per game, while Rhode Island is third in the A-10 with 70.3 points in conference action.
LANGEVINE LEADING ATLANTIC 10 IN REBOUNDING
- Junior Cyril Langevine leads the Atlantic 10 with 186 rebounds. He is averaging a league-best 9.8 per game.
- He also is the league's active career leader with 522 rebounds. The next closest player in the A-10 is Saint Louis senior Javon Bess, who has 495.
- Langevine ranks 25th in total rebounds among all juniors in Division I.
- With 522 rebounds in 85 career games, he averages 6.1 per game.
- Langevine is averaging 13.8 points and 9.8 rebounds per game. He is trying to become the first URI player to average a double-double for an entire season in 28 years.
- The last Rhody player to do so was Kenny Green, who had 17.5 points and 10.9 per game in 1989-90.
- Green also is the last Ram to average more than 10 rebounds per game in a season.
- Langevine is on pace to become just the seventh player in Rhode Island history to record 300 rebounds in one season.
- The last Rhode Island player to do so was Lamar Odom, who had 302 in 1998-99, his lone season with the Rams.
- Langevine has 10+ rebounds 11 times this season.
- Langevine has 10 double-doubles this year.
- He had six total in his first two years combined.
- The 10 double-doubles are tied for 18th in the nation. He is 13th nationally with 3.53 offensive rebounds per game.
- Langevine is averaging 30.9 minutes per game.
- In 66 career games entering the season, Langevine had never played 30 minutes in a game.
MARTIN HEATING UP IN CONFERENCE PLAY
- Freshman Tyrese Martin is averaging 13.4 points and 6.0 rebounds since Rhode Island began conference play.
- In league play, he ranks third among A-10 freshmen with his scoring average. The only players averaging more than him are St. Bonaventure's Kyle Lofton (15.1 points/game) and Duquesne's Sincere Carry (14.2).
- Fordham's Nick Honor is tied with Martin.
- Martin is shooting a team-best .565 from the floor during conference play.
- He also leads the team in free throw percentage (.857).
- During non-conference play, Martin shot just .467 from the free throw line.
- Since conference play began, Martin has played 30 or more minutes in seven straight games.
- Martin had a career-high 23 points at Massachusetts.
- He averaged 5.3 points and 4.3 rebounds during non-conference play.
- The team's second-leading rebounder, Martin has had five or more rebounds in eight straight contests.
- Martin has grabbed seven or more rebounds nine times.