Jan 29, 2018
- Tuesday will be the 152nd game all time between Rhode Island and Massachusetts, and the second meeting this year.
- The Minutemen hold an 88-63 edge overall, but Rhody has won three straight and four of the last five in the series.
- On Jan. 17, senior Jared Terrell scored 24 points on 8-of-13 shooting to lead the Rams to a 73-51 victory. Fellow senior Stanford Robinson recorded a double-double with 17 points and 12 rebounds, while senior Andre Berry added 11 points and five rebounds in the victory.
- Massachusetts has two of the Atlantic 10's top three 3-point shooters in Carl Pierre and Luwane Pipkins. Pierre shoots a league-high 47.5 percent from beyond the arc, while Pipkins ranks third at 40.0 percent.
- Rhody enters the contest looking for its 10th straight conference road win, dating back to Jan. 25, 2017 at Richmond.
- A win Tuesday would tie the fourth-longest streak in program history and would be the longest since a 15-game streak during the 1939-40 season.
RAMS ONE OF 14 TEAMS YET TO LOSE IN LEAGUE PLAY
- Rhode Island is one of 14 teams nationally that remains unbeaten in its respective conference.
- Purdue (Big Ten) and Saint Mary's (West Coast) are both 10-0 in league play and are tied for the longest active win streak in the nation at 16 games each.
- Rhode Island, Virginia (ACC), Montana (Big Sky), East Tennessee State (Southern) and Louisiana (Sun Belt) are all 9-0 in their respective leagues.
- Cincinnati (American) and Buffalo (Mid-American) are both 8-0, while Vermont (America East) and Florida Gulf Coast (Atlantic Sun) are 7-0.
- New Mexico State (WAC) is 6-0 in its conference. The Ivy League still has two unbeatens in Harvard (4-0) and Penn (3-0).
MATTHEWS, TERRELL FORM SECOND-HIGHEST SCORING DUO IN PROGRAM HISTORY
- After coming for 32 points Saturday against Duquesne, seniors E.C. Matthews and Jared Terrell have now scored 3,255 points for Rhode Island.
- The only Rhody duo to score more were Silk Owens and Tom Garrick, who combined for 3,687 from 1984-88.
- Matthews returned from a broken wrist, Rhode Island is 12-0. In the last 10 games - with Matthews and Terrell in the starting lineup, the duo have combined for 35.8 points and 9.0 rebounds per game.
- Either Terrell or Matthews has scored at least 20 points in 10 of the team's last 12 games.
- Rhode Island is outscoring opponents by 15.2 points per game since Matthews and Terrell got back together in the starting lineup.
- Matthews is 10th in scoring in program history, while Terrell is 15th.
RAMS GETTING IT DONE AT THE FREE THROW LINE
- Rhode Island is shooting .729 at the stripe, the best team percentage since the Sweet 16 season of 1997-98 (.737).
- The team's two leading scorers - Jared Terrell and E.C. Matthews - are shooting .870 and .808, respectively.
- Freshman Fatts Russell is shooting a team-best .909.
DOWTIN GOES 30+ WITH ZERO AGAIN
- Against Duquesne on Saturday, sophomore Jeff Dowtin had six assists with zero turnovers in 30 minutes.
- It was his sixth time this year playing 30+ minutes without committing a turnover.
- He is third in the country with a 4.7 assist-turnover ratio.
- It was his 11th game this season with six or more assists.