Jan 08, 2018
- Tuesday will be the 18th meeting all time between Rhode Island and Saint Louis.
- Rhody has won four straight games in the series, including an 90-56 victory in Saint Louis last season.
- The Rams have won nine of the last 10 meetings with the Billikens.
- In last year's meeting, five Rams scored in double digits. E.C. Matthews had 17 points, Jarvis Garrett had 15 and Jeff Dowtin and Jared Terrell each had 12 points.
- Rhode Island is 5-4 all time at Saint Louis.
- Saint Louis gets to the free throw line more often than any other team in the Atlantic 10. The Billikens have attempted 389 free throws, which ranks 29th in the country.
- Saint Louis' Javon Bess ranks 19th in the country with 93 made free throws, which leads the league.
- Tuesday's game will pit one of the stingiest scoring defenses in the league against one of the top scoring offenses in the conference. Saint Louis allows 65.4 points per game, the second lowest in the A-10. Rhode Island is scoring 76.7 points per game, the third best average in the league.
- The Rams lead the conference with a .464 field goal percentage.
- Rhode Island enters the game on a league-best six-game winning streak.
- Saint Louis' Hasahn French ranks second in the A-10 with 28 blocked shots.
- With 85 3-pointers through its first 16 games, Saint Louis ranks last in the league in long range shots.
GAME TO BE BROADCAST ON CBSSN
- Saturday will be the 18th meeting all time between Rhode Island and Saint Louis.
- Rich Waltz will have the play-by-play call, and Len Elmore will provide the color.
- This is the second of eight games in which Rhode Island will play on CBSSN.
RAMS STREAKING AGAINST A-10 OPPONENTS
- With its win Saturday at George Washington, Rhode Island has won 11 consecutive games against Atlantic 10 teams dating back to last season.
- It is the longest winning streak against conference opponents in program history.
- Rhode Island has won six consecutive road conference games dating back to last year, also the longest such streak in team history.
- The team's last road loss came at Richmond last Jan. 25.