Berry, Garrett, Dowtin, Robinson, Terrell
Fuller, Choh, Anderson, Hunsaker, Cambridge
How it Happened
Freshman Fatts Russell poured in a career-high 20 points to lead Rhode Island (4-2) to an 86-62 win over Brown Tuesday night.
A strong Ram defense held the Bears (4-3) without a field goal for the first 5:32 of the game. During that span, Brown was 0-for-6 from the field as Rhody jumped out to a 10-2 lead. Despite some early foul trouble for the Rams, Rhode Island never gave up control of the game. The Rams never lost their their lead, and they led by as many as 30 points. Russell scored 13 points in the final 3:31 of the half, sending the Rams into the break up 43-25.
The Rams dominated the rest of the way. They extended their lead to 26 after a layup by sophomore Jeff Dowtin with 14:14 to go, and the advantage never dipped below 20 points the rest of the way.
Inside the Box Score
- Freshman Fatts Russell scored a game- and career-high 20 points, 13 of which came in the final 3:31 of the first half. He finished 5-for-6 from long range and added four assists in 22 minutes off the bench.
- Sophomore Cyril Langevine returned for Rhody after missing the last three games due to injury. He added seven points, two rebounds, two blocks, one steal, and one assist in 11 minutes.
- Senior Jared Terrell had 16 points and three steals. He cracked the program's top 30 in career scoring with 1,296 points. He passed Keith Cothran (1,287 from 2006-10) and Dennis McGovern (1,295 from 1962-65) to slide up to 29th place.
- Sophomore Jeff Dowtin had 14 points, six rebounds and two assists.
- The three guards combined to shoot 20-of-33 from the floor, a major reason the Rams shot 61.0 percent as a team.
- The Rams scored 34 points in the paint and had 10 points off of fast breaks.
- Senior Stanford Robinson added eight rebounds, six points, three assists, and two steals in 26 minutes of play.
Stat of the Game
43 - Rhode Island's bench outscored Brown 43-21.
The Rams host Providence College on Saturday, Dec. 2. Tip-off is set for 5 p.m.